Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

FORD Motor Compagnie Want my domain name !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrawn$

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Domain name is FORDTRAINING.COM and their lawyers said that they will take me to the court if i dont give theme the domain name right now !!!

This name has no trademark

What should i do ???:confused:

ib4s

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
And I thought i was a newbie....

Fordtraining.com might not yet have a TM but i can assure you that FORD and any naming with the contents simular to ford will be in direct violation of fords TM's and or SM's and based on this they will challenge your purchase.

Unless your Last name is ford and you are a trainer, and are planning to build a site for people to sign up for special training that has nothing to do with ford motors you should be ok, other wise your in trouble with this name.

goodluck:)

Thrawn$

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And if i dont live in USA ? :)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might have a case to fight it if you can show no bad faith was done in registering or use. Technically the name could be used by the Ford modelling agency, or the Ford Meter Box Company (predates Ford Motor), training at the Gerald R. Ford airport, you create a site in a city called Ford, or if YOUR name is Ford. Sometimes the big guys win just because they have more money and lawyers, but you do have at least some chance to keep it.

If you want to keep it, you'd better find a way to develop it in something other than the auto industry.

Good Luck.

Thrawn$

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you .

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my advice, unless you have a real attachment to it, is to tell them you have a hundred bucks (your time, research, web design, etc) invested into developing it and would appreciate reimbursement, after which you will willingly hand it over. You'll do better than most of us do for so-so names and they'd be crazy to spend the money on a court fight for that amount.

Of course, I've never had a name that a big company wanted, so what do I know?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice is don't take advice from anyone, unless they're a lawyer (no offense to previous posters)

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Transfer me the name I'll take on the big boys lol.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Set up a site with information about driving across river fords, and the way to prepare yourself for driving during floods.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fjord is a Norwegian word meaning a long glacial bay on the coastline (bad description but it sort of gives the idea.
Ford is a point where the river widens and becomes shallower thus allowing cattle and horses to cross easily.

We're already starting the ford training site here. Make sure you spell it with a small f as well.

More history - the old anglo-saxons used to put large stones along the edge so that they could cross without getting their feet wet. The Romans improved on this by putting flat slabs on the stones to form a bridge to allow carts to cross. One of the early places that the Romans did this across the Thames is at Cowey Sale by Walton-on-Thames.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
My advice is don't take advice from anyone, unless they're a lawyer (no offense to previous posters)

I couldn't agree more. When your teeth need fixing, you go to a dentist. When your car needs repair, you go to a mechanic. When you need legal advice, you go to a lawyer.

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have the domain hooked up to a search engine. If you were a little more productive as many of the above have suggested, you MIGHT have a chance to keep the domain. However, under the present circumstances, I doubt it.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

None taken - that's even better advice than my advice

But I'd still try to get something out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom