Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Forming an LLC.. Who to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm look to form an LLC within the next few days. What company or lawyers have you used and relatively affordable???

Thanks in advance for the replies.

James

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You don't need a lawyer to form an LLC.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which state ?
And I'd say you need a CPA rather than a lawyer :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nevada incorporation is not recommended, unless you really want to form a multi-member corporation whose members will be hidden from the public eye. As far as the IRS is concerned, you're better off incorporating in the state your primary business will reside in.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nevada incorporation is not recommended, unless you really want to form a multi-member corporation whose members will be hidden from the public eye. As far as the IRS is concerned, you're better off incorporating in the state your primary business will reside in.

Umm, no. A purely online business might be able to be based in Nevada and remotely operated from anywhere in the world, without a "foreign filing." If your business is purely online, why do you need to register it where you live?

And, I'm puzzled about your multi-member comment. Nevada doesn't require multi-members.

But yes, Nevada allows nominee members so you can stay private if you wish.

When in doubt, consult a lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

If you still want a white paper on Nevada, PM me your email address. Nevada has worked out well for my business.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A purely online business might be able to be based in Nevada

The OP did not indicate "online only" and if Boston has a state tax one ends up paying tax at both states. In other words, incorporating in one's home state is the best option, unless one has a reason to protect their assets differently.

At any rate, here's a comparison chart: http://www.incorp.com/where-to-incorporate.aspx

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The OP did not indicate "online only" and if Boston has a state tax one ends up paying tax at both states. In other words, incorporating in one's home state is the best option, unless one has a reason to protect their assets differently.

At any rate, here's a comparison chart: http://www.incorp.com/where-to-incorporate.aspx

That comparison chart proves my point that Nevada is the place to be. So what if you have to buy a business license? That gives your business added legitimacy, and if it takes the place of the added paperwork burden of a "foreign filing" --it is money well spent.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Because if you're conducting business primarily in your home or operating state, you'd complicate taxes. At any rate, it seems the OP filed in Mass.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because if you're conducting business primarily in your home or operating state, you'd complicate taxes. At any rate, it seems the OP filed in Mass.

If you have an online/ domain/ tech business, why involve your home state at all if you can easily get a business license and a cheap shared office in Nevada? Use mail forwarding and registered agent services.

Doesn't that make more sense to simplify and just deal with one state?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can also eat caviar and drink Coke but I would not recommend it :D

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. My wife is an attorney in MA, but I agree with Acro, you don't really need an attorney, although you will need a registered agent, which is really just a mailing address. In any event, PM me if you still need some help.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. My wife is an attorney in MA, but I agree with Acro, you don't really need an attorney, although you will need a registered agent, which is really just a mailing address. In any event, PM me if you still need some help.

I agree with Acro too, you don't need an attorney. That is where the agreement ends.

There are companies that specialize in incorporations and acting as registered agents. For most matters, they are all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom