Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Forum disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF offers this when you sign up:

"Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of DNForum - Domain Sales, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of DNForum - Domain Sales, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of DNForum - Domain Sales, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

My question is this: Does anyone know of a REALLY tight disclaimer that will hold a site owner minimally (or at best, not) responsible for what people post on a site?

For example, could you have a person sign an online agreement by actually typing their name in an input box, in which case they take complete responsibility for what they post, and absolve the site owner of any such responsibility?

The answer is very probably "no", but can anyone point me to a REALLY tight disclaimer?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom