Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Framing SEDO content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if this is allowed too - it would be extremely useful if it is.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,

You are allowed to frame your Sedo parked pages within reason. This means that you can put your own logo there with frames, but please remember, the simmpler a parked page, the better. If a parked page is too 'fussy' or distractive, it may reduce your potential earnings as viewers will be faced with too many links to click and be scared away.

If you have any queries on what you can and can't do, please email me at [email protected]

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is excellent, thanks for your reply.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there, Cyberpacific,

That's fine.
Always pleased to keep you happy, Radistar.

Ed

cyberpacific

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow .. that great .. then i will continue to develop similar type of site integrated with content and frame it for my other domains .

Thanks a lot Ed :)

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i always thought framing is not allowed.
well, since sedo has a rep to approve framing. it would be nice to include some other ad with parking pages.

Reaction score
This is very interesting. Integrating sedo content with google ads - does this violate either company's terms of service? I always thought framing wasn't allowed but if this is an official confirmation then it opens up a few doors.

Reaction score
I thought we may have had a response by now but, as we haven't, can we please get confirmation on whether this violates terms of service as according to the website:

'Participant may not place the Parking Program page within a frame without prior written approval from Sedo.'

Is Ed's post classed as 'written approval'?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,

It is true that we try to dissuade people from using framing for their parked pages as both Sedo and Google would like to maintain control over the layout of our parked pages and do not want users getting carried away. We do, however, allow a 'modest' amount of framing for our parked pages.

It is, naturally, not at all permissable to mix CPC programs. If you include ads on your framed pages, they should be paid per impression rather than per click and preferably Google-affiliated.

Rather than enter a long forum discussion on what is an what is not allowed and why, I would like to finish with two points:

Firstly, and this is something I've mentioned before: Please remember that the simpler a parked page, the more effective it is for monetizing your domains. If you look at autoportal.com, it looks very nice but, as a user, I'm not interested in looking below the blue banner. This could lose the owner parking revenue as well as possibly reducing the chances of a sale. People who have used frames on their parked pages have generally reported that it adds little to their domains' monetization potential.

Secondly, if you're interested in framing your pages, I would suggest contacting me first with a screenshot of your proposed layout and I will say if it's ok or not. You can email me at [email protected] Content which goes against Google's image, such as adult and gambling content is, obviously, not at all desirable or permissable.

Feel free to email if there are any other points you'd like me to clear up.

Regards,

Ed

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does this mean we can create a site that is basically a framed sedo landing page with a paragraph of text below it and link exchange directory underneath the text? This is assuming the text is just some keyword rich jargon to help with possible SE placement, and not anything contrary to the Sedo accepted keywords for that domain.

I just want to know if that is acceptable, as it would be helpful with maintaining link trades for expired domains without having to put a new site back up.

[edit] OOPS: didn't see the "email me with further questions" statement[/edit]

S

SedoCoUk

As Mike said in his edit, he did email me and I would urge you to all do the same before you go ahead with any plans to frame your pages. What he suggested is ok as long as the content is not offensive or contravening Google's rules in any way.

I must stress again that our reluctance to allow framing is simply in the best interest of our customers. It really can detract greatly from the effectiveness of your parked domain should you frame parked pages. Our intention is to help you to monetise your domains as effectively as possible. Our tests have shown that framing very rarely adds to a user's earnings.

Email me with any framing ideas and I'll let you know how we see them.

Ed

Rikkers

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stumbled accross this today at sedo.

It kinda reminded me of those ebay ads where people play with the fonts.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo's colors are not my favorite but they are definitely better than Domainsponsor's

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which brings us to another issue: when will they allow us to change the colors on the park pages, to test them for ourselves? Some domains ,ay do a whole lot better with better look and feel, but then others are the oppsite. Some of mine proform better at Sedo, and others better at DS.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im impressed.

Ed.. are you holding out on us..

Anyway the thought of having to frame 3000+ domains really is a daunting task.

If anyone comes up with an automated solution, I may be interested...

Ed, you offer a service for registrars to brand their own parked pages, obviously SEDO will like to maintain some sort of control.. and I dont think you want to be policing content. Perhaps a compromise where you could offer the branded service to people all set out on doing this, oh and our own little window like the related links would be FANTASTIC. A single banner perhaps, of course relative to the domain.

I would love to be able to have my Brand on all my parked domains.

Mail3K.com said:
Which brings us to another issue: when will they allow us to change the colors on the park pages, to test them for ourselves? Some domains ,ay do a whole lot better with better look and feel, but then others are the oppsite. Some of mine proform better at Sedo, and others better at DS.

Sedo are beta testing a new domain control service at the moment. So I am confident that their will be some nice additions to an already great service.

Disclaimer:
As head of the SEDO fan club. my views and comments are that of my own and can not be viewed as law. I have no affiliation with the anyone at the SEDO-PLEX. Until Such Times as ED gives me SEDO Scotland ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom