Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Framing SEDO content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You're just drunk on port after the royal wedding :-D

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo are beta testing a new domain control service at the moment. So I am confident that their will be some nice additions to an already great service.

I know that... I did an interview with Matt @sedo.com. for my website.

Disclaimer:
As head of the SEDO fan club. my views and comments are that of my own and can not be viewed as law. I have no affiliation with the anyone at the SEDO-PLEX. Until Such Times as ED gives me SEDO Scotland ;-)

LOL that is what I's like to see!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
You're just drunk on port after the royal wedding :-D

Yes one does like a tipple of port ;-)

What wedding? who got married. I have seen nothing of this. I am locked in my SEDO wallpaper domain bunker, with a bottle of CHIANTI and a packet of OREO's.

http://www.eventspublishing.com

RADiSTAR said:
I am mostly interested in framing in order to add a contrasted banner, example: http://GalaxyOnline.com

Getting Framed... ok how about this for a collaboration

www.eventspublishing.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very crafty. Can I use your idea?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I like the merging of the two areas. Not sure about the "FOR SALE" sign as the intention is to have visitors click, rather than see that the domain is up for sale.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I like the merging of the two areas. Not sure about the "FOR SALE" sign as the intention is to have visitors click, rather than see that the domain is up for sale.

Good point, i guess it will have to be a trade off. Domains with little to no traffic can have the for sale sign. Off course all sales will still be operated by SEDO, so much easier that way.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the way you merged it too, but I would not want 50% on the screen unuseable, as then they only have that small window in the bottem. to scroll to an ad. I alsways try to make the top frame as small as it can be, so that the users surfing the site have more freedom, and don't get frustrated over the page.

Just my 2 cents on this.

<frameset rows="200,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
I would just use 100 rows if I could, and make the logo smaller.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mail3K.com said:
I like the way you merged it too, but I would not want 50% I would just use 100 rows if I could, and make the logo smaller.

Totally agree, I was just demonstrating integration, and I got a little excited, must of been too much port as Radistar pointed out.

Personally I think framing will take peoples attention away from the links that SEDO supply on behalf of google, unless you have an absolute business requirement then I would avoid it.

SEDO provide a decent service with a good revenue stream, its tried and tested... why mess with perfection?

berth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are going to use frames then make sure you mod rewrite your entire domain if you play the expired game.
Without this you can kiss any deep linking traffic good bye

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
You are allowed to frame your Sedo parked pages within reason.
How about using a frame to keep link swaps alive a little longer? I envision a frame that doesn't distract the user, but contains all the links that the previous owner cultivated.

Anyone experiment with this?

berth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i had information sent to me to say that this is not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom