Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Fraud Activity Suspicion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRK Network

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently needed to cancel two sale offers here at DNF, and one auction at eBay. Because, my domain name management account is locked due to suspected fraudulent activity. The payment method used was suspended from use. All charges made to this payment method were refunded and all products were canceled. :smartass:

I think, I ordered a lot of items in a short period of time... and they wanted to protect my money. Intention was good, but the results were not.

No need to mention the registrar name here, but after I fax them my driving license, they recovered my account. I still need some recoveries, etc. but it looks fine now.

It was a bad experience for me to lost my domains for a while, and cancel my auctions. As a newbie, it was even worse... but anyway, at least, you know the reason now.

For your interest,

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's bad news for you and frustrating -- these things do happen. No doubt you'll be able to notify any members here of your plight if they are expecting transactions -- nobody is going to jump down your throat as a result of circumstances beyond your control. Good luck!

BRK Network

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks aZooZa,

Luckily, there were no transactions, etc. but only an eBay auction with two bids. I ended the auction to protect all bidders. I managed to get these domain names back, and I'm not sure if eBay will allow me to relist this item again or should I really need that.

The real problem was, in my humble opinion, it is difficult for some people to understand that incident. You know, some people carry hundreds or thousands of domain names in their accounts, without a single problem... they probably buy and sell lots of domain names in a day.

Anyway, as you already told aZooZa, people will show mercy. At least, people who read this thread now know that these things do happen.

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ebay would not allow you to list the domains again because the transfer did not take place. There were the bids but the seller failed to transfer the domains. Unless and until you do not explain them what exactly happened.

Some simple advice:
You have to take risks always to work properly. Internet is a place to take the risk. Everything has a risk on the net.

Another solution:
Talk to the ebay authorities.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BRK, there's nothing stopping you ending an eBay auction early and relisting the items later. All you need to do to end an auction early is to give a reason like "item unavailable". That's enough. It's more complicated if the auction ends and you don't deliver, but that's an issue between you and the winning bidder. It's also expensive if you have a high reserve because you will still have to pay reserve seller fees. Sure you can relist the domains on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom