Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fraudulent Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it is about staying for some seconds on site, it should convert to sales as they explain. As for the rules to be publicized, I assume that is not a good idea, as far as the people using fraud clicks will implement it easily.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all based on conversion, what ever conversion is it not up to me. Google has smart pricing which is based on conversion. So we are just joining the fun.

Donny

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny, just curious, but how the heck did you find out what your conversion rate was? Did you email each website that a user click through to and ask them?

I'm probably missing something obvious here but I have no idea how you could ever truly know anyone's conversion rate. Hell, many large companies still don't track this which is stupid.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Web bugs or whatever they are called. Remember that all websites are worried about conversion rates so they track when a surfer hits page A. And then B. And if they buy something they get to page C. Which has some code that let's Yahoo or Google know that something was bought. Which is how conversions are tracked.

Donny

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
an advertiser would track a conversion for example when the visitor who clicked through the ppc ad had made a purchase, requested a follow up call, signed up to an e-mail subscription based newsletter and so on... basically, when the visitor visited a specific web page which had the conversion tracking code provided by yahoo. once the visitor made it's way to the designated page yahoo matches up the ip/user agent or maybe even a cookie... not sure exactly what they do but it's all via a simple javascript on their end.

and i find it hard to believe an account can pull in 30, 40 or even 50+ percent conversion rates..... it's impossible. most advertisers who use the conversion tracking use it wisely.

i'd love to find a source of traffic that converts at least 10%+ consistently

search engine traffic (search string+query) is the most pure and targeted traffic on the planet and you won't ever find such a high conversion ratio if you match up 10,000's of searches in any given day from 10,000's of unique visitors.

don, your #s are incorrect. i'd ask for a new contact/rep over at yahoo...somebody obviously doesn't know what he is doing.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike this isn't a rep, it's a techy with the reports in front of their face. :) You have to remember that not all advertisers use the javascript to track conversions. So if you send 100 clicks maybe 5 will have the code or maybe 50 will have the code. Depends on the segment you are in. Some track conversions by somebody buying something, some by putting in an email address, and some by somebody calling in on some number. It's really up to the adveriser.

The area that I have domains is very specific, all of my domains I have owned for at least 6 years. My traffic converts, has always converted, but then again I own only 50 domains.

Donny

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, i got ya...what specific niche are your names related to? just curious....

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is if I give it away, then everybody would start buying domains in this market and the market would be saturated. I remember back in the day when webfather used to buy all of the domains in a certain niche and then he would tell everybody about it. Sure he's a billionaire now, but he had a plan...

My main market is.... "worms". Think about it you have your live worms, your tape worms, your plastic worms, all kinds of worms.

I need to go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom