Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Freak - You already own it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ever go to register a domain name and become disappointed when its already registered? When you check the WhoIs, you realize it was you who registered it.

:whoo:

Domain Days 2024

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No first time i have heard this and its worring

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never happen before... you must have at least 10,000 names and continue to register everyday in order for this to happen. Ü

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
varchar said:
you must have at least 10,000 names and continue to register everyday in order for this to happen.

Something like that. But I have the developing power behind it.

Oh common. I'm sure this has happened to at least one other person. :kiss: Nobody is willing to look stupid with me?

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
Oh common. I'm sure this has happened to at least one other person. :kiss: Nobody is willing to look stupid with me?

I`m willing.....I regged as first name in my life last february:

nike.net.in

since nike.in and nike.co.in were taken and I thought I was luck!:redface:

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i only got five or six domains so its hard to forget them although i ofen buy and sell the names i get

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fkrule said:
i only got five or six domains so its hard to forget them although i ofen buy and sell the names i get

ohhh I see you buy and sell with yourself....that`s cool mate!

As long as both of you and yourself are happy of the transactions... :peace:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too funny... One thing I have done is list a bunch of domains in a PM to someone who is lookign for domains, but I list ones I have alread sold :doh:

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've done that before... Then I send the owner an email to see if he would sell it.

I was excited shortly after to get an email from some guy offering me money for one of my domains. I replied and accepted the offer. I then sent the guy wire transfer instructions.

Oddly enough, I got an email shortly after from the seller of the domain, with wire transfer instructions. Apparently he had accepted my offer. I went to the bank and was setting up the wire when they told me I could not make a wire transfer to my own account.

I sat back and examined the situation.. now what exactly happened here...

JUST KIDDING.. lol, although I have checked domains that I THOUGHT I owned just to be sure, but never checked a domain having completely forgotten that I owned it only to find out I do. :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me happened opposite - looking for typos, everyday. From time to time I think "nice typo, lets see who owns it"...and find out its me...

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
ohhh I see you buy and sell with yourself....that`s cool mate!

As long as both of you and yourself are happy of the transactions... :peace:
yep i am now looking to buy again:loco:

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've double-checked on a name I thought I owned (and did) but not to the point of forgetting completely ... though I can see how it can happen.

On the other hand, my wife had an idea for a great name which would fit into our network structure, but she was saddened that it was already taken. She then whois'd it (as I stood over her shoulder) and was very happy to see I'd already nabbed the name. Instances like that make it easier to explain the, um, less popular purchases.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've contacted the same domain owner multiple times for the same domain.
The more I bother someone the highter the price goes. HMMMMM

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:
I've done that before... Then I send the owner an email to see if he would sell it.

I was excited shortly after to get an email from some guy offering me money for one of my domains. I replied and accepted the offer. I then sent the guy wire transfer instructions.

Oddly enough, I got an email shortly after from the seller of the domain, with wire transfer instructions. Apparently he had accepted my offer. I went to the bank and was setting up the wire when they told me I could not make a wire transfer to my own account.

I sat back and examined the situation.. now what exactly happened here...

JUST KIDDING.. lol, although I have checked domains that I THOUGHT I owned just to be sure, but never checked a domain having completely forgotten that I owned it only to find out I do. :)

LOL You had me going there. I was trying to figure out how the heck you could go through all that and NOT know.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:

I've done that Meganerd. I was looking for variations of a domain that I loved and found the perfect variation. I was dissapointed to see that it was already owned. I visited the site to see if it had a "for sale sign." When I got there I was suprised to see that they were also using TrafficZ.com parking pages like I do. I was about to make an offer when I thought, there is a chance that it's a TrafficZ site becuase it is my site. Yeah! It was, what a rush! It was like I had just been given a free domain.

What about this, does this happen to you? Went through all my old emails yesterday looking for the "Congradulations, youv've won....com". I was dishearted to see that, over a year ago I had won some great domains which I had totally forgotten about and that were for sure expired by now. (Why don't these rinky dink registrars send you reminder emails like the big boys?) I figured out that I had lost at least 5 great domains that had expired.

Just for kicks I logged into those 5 accounts and hit "renew" and, even though they were almost a year and half old, each registrar let me renew them!!!!!!! That rush I got from being able to renew them made letting them almost drop worth it! I think I found a new type of "runners high" What should we call it? "Domainer's High!"

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol.. don't own that many domains to make that mistake. If you have made this mistake before, its time to go outside for some fresh air lol

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh..I forgot that once I made an offer on Sedo on one of my domains for sale just to see if their system was working.....then I forgot about that and few days later when I checked my e-mails I got so happy to see an e-mail from Sedo saying they had a client willing to give me UK pounds 8,000 for a name that was for sale for 10,000 but I would have sold it for 8,000.....I got so excited, it was going to be my first sale.....I told it to my wife.....and then guess what......about 2 hours later I realized that client was me.
I wanted to cry.....I had to tell to my wife like a dog with the tail very low....I was already planning to change car :(

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
browsing through dnforum I found a sale thread for pokar.com
(believe was sold at low-mid xxxxx)
..i said to my self "nice domain they got their"
......after few days I was checking my old website files...and i saw that i had this dn for about 2 years !!!!

HOW can you forget such domain ???????
I don't remember if I sold it for few bucks - leave it expire or it was stolen after all but I DO feel idiot

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
Ever go to register a domain name and become disappointed when its already registered? When you check the WhoIs, you realize it was you who registered it.

:whoo:

LOL .
I have done worse...i back ordered a domain, i owned cause it was expiring w/o knowing it was mine...:pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom