Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Freak - You already own it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never done it, but on occassion I have tried to register a name someone else was leasing. I find it very odd people want the same generic, .com, 1000000000 type-ins a day domains I want.

Who are these people?

Domain Days 2024

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ctc said:
LOL .
I have done worse...i back ordered a domain, i owned cause it was expiring w/o knowing it was mine...:pound:

lol... now that is funny. :goofy:

I think I'm going to invent a pill for that... d:)

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ctc said:
I have done worse...i back ordered a domain, i owned cause it was expiring w/o knowing it was mine...:pound:

Now that's a classic! :doh:

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I receive a "Congradulations, you've just won www......com! from Pool or Snapnames and I look at the domain and get mad at myself becuase it's pure crap and I can't believe I was stupid enough to waste $60 on it.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DeluxeNames.com said:
Has anyone done this? I receive a "Congradulations, you've just won www......com! from Pool or Snapnames and I look at the domain and get mad at myself becuase it's pure crap and I can't believe I was stupid enough to waste $60 on it.

No, sorry, I did not have YET that problem but I may GET IT soon.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
Oh..I forgot that once I made an offer on Sedo on one of my domains for sale just to see if their system was working.....then I forgot about that and few days later when I checked my e-mails I got so happy to see an e-mail from Sedo saying they had a client willing to give me UK pounds 8,000 for a name that was for sale for 10,000 but I would have sold it for 8,000.....I got so excited, it was going to be my first sale.....I told it to my wife.....and then guess what......about 2 hours later I realized that client was me.
I wanted to cry.....I had to tell to my wife like a dog with the tail very low....I was already planning to change car :(

HAHAHA thats great!

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever register a dot net and then learn later that you already own the dot com, so you do not need/want the dot net?

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I have done it MANY times. Especially with the family watchdog names. I owned about 50 of them at one time or another...and I would think of another and be like...WOAH....great domain! I would check it....CRAP....it's registered....who's the lucky son of a gun that own's it...let's just check the whois here......oh ME!!! HAHAH. My wife just laughs.

//everydayprofit.com

italiandragon said:
Oh..I forgot that once I made an offer on Sedo on one of my domains for sale just to see if their system was working.....then I forgot about that and few days later when I checked my e-mails I got so happy to see an e-mail from Sedo saying they had a client willing to give me UK pounds 8,000 for a name that was for sale for 10,000 but I would have sold it for 8,000.....I got so excited, it was going to be my first sale.....I told it to my wife.....and then guess what......about 2 hours later I realized that client was me.
I wanted to cry.....I had to tell to my wife like a dog with the tail very low....I was already planning to change car :(

classic. Did your wife laugh at you? MY wife is a trip....she would still be making fun of me. hahaha. But that's OK....I would do the same to her. hahaha

//everydayprofit

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have done this before.

The other situation that I get into more often is when renewal time comes around. I will manually look over all the names that I need to renew. A lot times I am like "WOW, I forgot I had that name!" I renew it only to forget about it for another year :)

-Bob

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's what I hate: remember when all those companies were giving away free ".info's"? I reged about 200 of those free things at 5 different registars. Of those, I only opted to hang onto about 50.

The problem is, although they renewed automatically for me (according to my credit card, thank God they were set to auto-renew), for the life of me, I can't remember what registrar they are with now. I don't even remember a single one of them!!!!!
The renewal charge on the credit card statement doesn't give me any clues, just lists some city in another country. I've searched my email account but can't find any trace of where they are.

I've lost 50 "info's" and I have no idea how to find them! LOL
Anyone have any ideas how to find them? Can I do some sort of search for my "whois" info at the nic.info?
Anyone else done this or am I the only one?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DeluxeNames, I think the Domain Freak award just went to you! Congrats. :D

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
DeluxeNames, I think the Domain Freak award just went to you! Congrats. :D

:third:

Thank you Meganerd! :rofl:
Now that their on my mind, I'm going to find those suckers by tomorrow and post them on this thread. Maybe if I use Whois.sc for a reverse lookup?

airwave

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
Ever go to register a domain name and become disappointed when its already registered? When you check the WhoIs, you realize it was you who registered it.

:whoo:
You must have liked the domain twice...
:loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom