Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Free domain appraisals? Traffic? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay just a quick couple of questions here. Some of my names are not parked at sedo and when I list them for sale the first question I get is how much traffic does the domain get. Is there a way to tell accurate traffic without having it parked?

Now my second question is are appraisals usually accurate?

I tried a paid godaddy and its appraisal made no sense.

Then I tried estibot, how accurate is this site?

Any suggestions on finding out how many backlinks and hits you get?

Thanks

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are your domains parked somewhere else or hosted somewhere?

appraisals are generally considered a waste of money...they will all be different and you'll see it said here a lot - it is worth as much as an end user is willing to pay. Though based on quality of domain...you'll learn how to have a range in mind.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no some of them arent parked. Im having problems parking them at sedo. they have been "authorizing" about 30 domains for 3-4 months now. I have changed all the admin info on my domains and changed the nameservers but still no luck. And two the names I want to sell I need to figure out the traffic too. I guess I will have to throw a site up so I can use aswats.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can always park them somewhere else too. If you do have traffic, you might as well be monetizing it. Try Parked - they approve applications pretty quickly.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is worth as much as an end user is willing to pay.

Exactly! I've seen appraisals for the same domain go from a reg fee up to the low $xx,xxx range. You best bet to get an appraisal is to ask people who know (for example, in the appraisal section in this forum) and include as much information as you have (domain name (duh!), traffic, Overture score (w/TLD and w/o TLD), Google hits, Alexa rank, traffic, who you're selling to (end user / reseller) etc).

You will not get a definite number but a range (something like "It's worth in the mid $xxx range" for the mid $hundreds range).

Good appraisals, like the ones you'd get here would generally be more accurate but should only be used as a guide.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time on appraisals. I obtained appraisals from three different PAID sources for the same name. No two were even close to the actual worth of the name and every one came in at an entirely different value than the next one! Total waste. NameBoy.com is a pretty good one if you just have to have one!

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
okay thanks guys

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for backlinks check marketleap.com

if you don't want to park, put adsense on them and it will count the traffic if any.

don't know why you would have problems getting your names authorized.

are email addresses the same at sedo and whois of your names

or are you using whois privacy

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I always use the same emails unless its domains that I'm developing then I used a different one and I do use privacy for those. But I have emailed sedo about this issue and they usually say the same thing to make sure the sedo name servers are on it and that my admin info matches my sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom