Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Free .info = what exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also fear that .info will be the choice of spammers to. Any email generated from a .info will most likely be spam.

Imagine the happiness the spammers must feel about getting 25 new domains to register to wreak havoc with.

I know this won't be all the .info emails but it may be enough to force the extension into a blacklist sort of like how most .ru extensions are blocked.

allfree

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since I have had my fill, for those not sure what .info names to register, might want to cull through this or something related. I am interested in particular to LastName.info or potentially offering people [email protected] email addresses.

http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
since I have not gotten answers anywhere else maybe I will here:

re-domainsite

When reg. expires will you be automatically sent a bill for the new year or will they just expire, and thats that?

If you sell yours and wish to push to another who also got 25 , will they be charged for now having 50?

If you get infos pushed to you and then happen to sell one is there a timelimit you have to wait to push again?

allfree= awesome idea

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I also fear that .info will be the choice of spammers to. Any email generated from a .info will most likely be spam.

Imagine the happiness the spammers must feel about getting 25 new domains to register to wreak havoc with.

I know this won't be all the .info emails but it may be enough to force the extension into a blacklist sort of like how most .ru extensions are blocked.

This is actually a major concern. I would recommend that all legitimate registrants use valid whois contact information. As a first step to alleviate .INFO domain names being used for SPAM, those without valid contact information will probably be deleted.

Methods, I replied to your post in the other thread.

jeffhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
This Matt Stern guy sent an email to all eNom ETPs saying that .INFO prices will be $3 a piece. So I checked. If it is more than 1 year, it is the normal $8.95. If it is 1 year, it is $5.95. (I'm on the 8.95 ETP level)

Ello, are the Enom programmers sleeping on the job or what?

enom is kinda grudged on the .info promotion.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that if some of the people getting these free .info domains actually develop them into websites, and surfers get used to seeing the .info tld, it will raise the general awareness that .info exists and in the long run raise the value of owning a .info domain. If everyone who's registering the names is just doing it on speculation, it won't accomplish anything.

ozgression

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I plan to develop (most of) mine. I think .info is a great extension and is second only to .com in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom