Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

friggin' irritating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just have to vent....

First off....I own familywatch.us, and familywatchdogs.us...

both of these names do very well for me as I am sure you would imagine. :) Anyway.....recently, since domainsponsor changed their filter system....there was no longer links on my landing pages where people could search for child molesters...in fact....one of the links actually said "find child molesters on ebay". HAHAH...I kid you not! SO...I decided to move the names over to SedoPro. I changed the nameservers at domainsite...and they took over a week to propegate! In the mean time...Domainsite was collecting all of my traffic and sending it to THEIR domainsponsor account and made my traffic money for over a week!!! Anyone else ever had this problem?

//everydayprofit

Domain Days 2024

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cant believe those dogs are still cooking. Never had that problem before... Its a shame, but there really is nothing you can do about it. Why did sedopro take so long to propegate? and if the name servers were still directed twords DS, Im wondering why it didnt get credited to your account. Did you delete the domain from DS before it was able to propegate?

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Ashaw....

The problem was actually on domainsite. They were not updating all of their servers or something...and when I removed THEIR nameserver...I had to remove MY forwarding...so it was not going to my account. They made GOOD money on me for about 7 days!

//cliff

And yes....the family watch typos are still doing VERY VERY well! :) Especially those 2!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes it did happen to me once before at domainsite, it went 2 or 3 days before I noticed the nameservers did not update, though the domain still pointed to my old nameservers and not their parked page, emailed support and they updated them manually and they took right away, they must have a glitch in the automated system there every now and then , so now I watch closely when I change nameservers there.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy has done the same thing to me before and earned at least $30 off me that one time.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNjet said:
yes it did happen to me once before at domainsite, it went 2 or 3 days before I noticed the nameservers did not update, though the domain still pointed to my old nameservers and not their parked page, emailed support and they updated them manually and they took right away, they must have a glitch in the automated system there every now and then , so now I watch closely when I change nameservers there.

Well....when I logged int domainsite...the nameservers were at Sedo.....but they did not resolve to Sedo for over a week!!

//everydayprofit

scrsteven said:
GoDaddy has done the same thing to me before and earned at least $30 off me that one time.

Yeah....Godaddy does their own thing if you just leave your name parked on their nameservers. If my estimate is correct...and based on past income...domainsite made about $100 from my names last week.....thank GOD it was not a traffic spike. In the traffic spikes...they would have made about $400/day!!!

//everydayprofit

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whats the traffic like on them on off days, without the spikes?

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
whats the traffic like on them on off days, without the spikes?

about 60-100 uniques on off days....on the spikes...about 8,000/day

//everydayprofit

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scrsteven said:

Ditto x 100

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everydayprofit said:
about 60-100 uniques on off days....on the spikes...about 8,000/day

//everydayprofit

Damn, nice. Want to sell them :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom