Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

funny ebay domain sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is so funny, but........?

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
6 hyphens only? Was b-u-s-i-n-e-s-s.com taken? I think its better. Or how about b-i-d-n-e-s-s.com?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a horrible domain name. I wouldn't even pay $1 for it. (Although I'm sure I could turn it around for more than $1. I just don't find any use for the name) :-D

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
priceless

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see where the value of that name lies

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He may be on to something! Looks like the best have already been taken: d-i-a-m-o-n-d-s.com etc. (gone)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eBay should charge those lunatics based on BIN or starting price from the get-go. I.e., anything over $10,000 should be subject to insertion fees in the domain name asylum category.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Ebay charge an insertion fee that is based on the starting price of an item? Whenever I see this or the $10 million domain, it baffles me. Isn't the seller paying something to ebay regardless? What am I missing here?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Ebay charge an insertion fee that is based on the starting price of an item? Whenever I see this or the $10 million domain, it baffles me. Isn't the seller paying something to ebay regardless? What am I missing here?

Once you go over a certain starting price (I think its $25) the listing fee stays the same. It costs only a couple dollars to list for $10,000,000, the same as it costs to list something at $100.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He'll get hit with strong fees should anyone be tempted into buying it. However at that price, I'm sure the bubbly will still flow ...

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do people do this just to get visitors to their sites? I can't really think of any other reason.

Yes, Azooza, I'm sure he will gladly pay ebay their due if some drunk were to put in a real bid.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually you're right -- he will get hits which are probably worth the $2 listing fee. As you suggest; if an alco-artist snaps it up, I'm sure he (seller) won't mind stumping up the dues.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You won't get any kind of PR value from an e-bay link will you? If so, I imagine we would all be doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom