Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

funny phone call .co vs .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesterday, I got this phone call from a "potential" buyer concerning a two word .com domain, that is also the "inc." of their group.

the conversation is interesting, because "he", let's call him joe, made an initial key statement which let me know instantly his "mindset".

from the beginning, joe was trying to "belittle" the domain by saying...

"Hi, I was calling to inquire about the domain 'twoword.com' and since you're not using it...."

now after reading that, what comes to your mind?

then joe goes on to say "since you're not using it, what do you plan to do with the domain?"

I reply, "that we have some plans to develop this domain around blah, blah, blah"

he says, "that's a good idea....but the .co is available why don't you use that?"

my reply came so quick that I didn't have time to rephrase it

I said" why the f&#k would I want to use a Columbian country code extension, when I own the .com?

then, he "chuckled... and said...well how much would you sell it for?"

that's when i dropped the digits

we'll see if he calls back

:)

imo....

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's why I have Pamela (Skype call recording which Microsoft is going to disable beginning of 2014 with a new and improved API :uhoh:) and other reasons (verbal contracts, etc.). Would have been a great convo.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For that matter, the .ws, .pw, .bz, .cc, etc are all probably available too.

If you want to raise his offer, you could tell him that he is no longer qualified to buy from you, and that he has many, many options to choose from.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom