Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

godaddy Gd Account Blocked Every Other Day

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My GD account gets blocked because apparently someone is trying to brute force my pass. I then have to reset pass etc etc.

I was wondering if other members are experiencing similar problems lately ?

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strange. They could just blacklist the offending IP addresses.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not just change your password, user name, and call and request a new customer ID?

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Changing account #is a good idea too. GD login can be done with email too, so this must change as well.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Changing account #is a good idea too. GD login can be done with email too, so this must change as well.

No, you can just log into your account with your account number or customer id. So change those two and you should be fine.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, you can just log into your account with your account number or customer id. So change those two and you should be fine.

Yeah I stand corrected. If the hack attempts persist I will do just this.

Just wondering if this only happened to me or to other people too....

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it actually GoDaddy security that confirmed your account was being compromised (or attempts were made) or just your theory? I would think that GD security would be much more proactive in their approach (i.e. immediately transferring your account to a new ID and placing a watch on it, etc etc... ?

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it actually GoDaddy security that confirmed your account was being compromised (or attempts were made) or just your theory? I would think that GD security would be much more proactive in their approach (i.e. immediately transferring your account to a new ID and placing a watch on it, etc etc... ?

Well infact what happened was I found my account blocked asking me to contact GD support. I asked the support why it was blocked and they said too many failed login attempts. After a few days it was blocked again, and then again.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well infact what happened was I found my account blocked asking me to contact GD support. I asked the support why it was blocked and they said too many failed login attempts. After a few days it was blocked again, and then again.

I would get back in touch with GD security and indicate that you seem to have an ongoing breach attempt...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators