Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Geeze...what's up with the thread move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why does a generic adult name like XXXdivas.com force an entire thread to be moved to the audlt section? It's not like the name has "tits" or "****" or something offensive. This is crazy.

You tell me what name in this thread you musy be over 18 to view...

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
((Mod Edit - Abuse will not be tolerated. Adult domains are not to be listed outside of the Adult Forum - even you are required to comply))

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
((Mod Edit - Abuse will not be tolerated. Adult domains are not to be listed outside of the Adult Forum - even you are required to comply))

Why edit my post above?

There was no abuse in my post and I attacked no one. However, "even you are required to comply" sure looks like an attack against me. What is "even you" supposed to mean? It's as if you think I feel I'm above you. If you have a problem with something I've done in the past, please let's hear it.

I asked you to define an "adult" domain. Please do so. The link you provided does not define what is considered an "adult" domain. If you want us to adhere to a rule, please define the rule...as it sits now, it's a mod discretion ...which is a bad idea.

Would a domain with the word "girls" be considered an adult domain? How about a domain with the word "adult"?

What domain(s) in my thread made you move my thread? The only "adult" words were "xxx" and I don't consider "xxx" to be offensive. Would a domain for the movie XXX be moved to the adult forum?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if its my place to post here, but what the heck :)

Adult names don't have to be offensive to be considered adult names.

"XXX" is associated with "adult". What else do you need to know?. It seems to make sense to me. Adult names go in the adult forum.

What could XXXDivas.com be used for, otherthen an adult site?. Nothing. Its an adult domain.

RMF

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And the new TLD (.XXX) only proves it!

I'm not taking any sides here because:

xxx + ANYTHING is ADULT and

adult names can be put up for sale in the DNForum auctions on Sundays!

Kind of a double standard, don't you think?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wm. M. said:
And the new TLD (.XXX) only proves it!

I'm not taking any sides here because:

xxx + ANYTHING is ADULT ...

Wow, and to think they let kids watch Super Bowl XXX. (and that was before Janet Jackson).

:-D

should they also take the "XXX" off the liquor jugs shown on the old kids cartoons and "Beverly Hillbilly" shows as well.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
Why does a generic adult name like XXXdivas.com force an entire thread to be moved to the audlt section?
Why does a generic WHAT? Oh ... a generic ADULT name! Of course it goes to the ... ADULT section.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the adult section was started to keep the offensive worded domains out of the normal sales threads...not generic domains.

Why don't we have a Sunday Night Adult Auction?

I noticed the mod who attacked me personally hasn't botherd to respond...figures.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
...should they also take the "XXX" off the liquor jugs shown on the old kids cartoons and "Beverly Hillbilly" shows as well.

Point taken. It doesn't apply to EVERY domain. :-D

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's funny...all I asked for was to have the mods "define" what is considered an adult domain so this would not happen again...notice the mods still have not addressed this?

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
XXX is always adult?

better keep the kids away from those XXX Large mens stores then :)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Adult" seems to mean different things to different people at different times, I've found out. Even different moderators of the same site.

A while back PayPal shops would not list my site (adoptableDomains.com) since their search bot deemed it had "adult content" since I had an "adult" domain category. I pointed out that my adult category had no adult content, no obscene words, or anything I thought would be offensive to minors and had names like PositivelyHot.com (pepper sauce?), teddymart.com (teddy bears?) and intimateoutfits.com (no worse than a Sears lingerie commercial) listed there. After renaming "adult" to "mature" (added adult word back later) and sending a list they reconsidered and listed my site.

By strict definition, the domain in question really means "Thirty operatic prima donnas"
if you take the first definition of "xxx" + "divas" from Dictionary.com. Personally I'm not offended by this name, but do take offense at some others I've seen listed that have "offensive" words or meaning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=xxx
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=divas

I didn't see the original thread, but a lot probably depends not on the name itself, but what it's promoted to be used for. I've seen lots of fairly offensive names not moderated, but milder ones moved at this and other sites. It's probably safer to promote a marginal name as the milder use and let the buyers read between the lines.

Utimately, the owners/moderators have control over the site and are free to make the decisions as they see fit, consistent or not. As a moderator of several non-domain forums myself , No matter where or how fine you draw the line, somone will make it fuzzy and grey. Although I do agree a definition is probably in order.

Food for thought on "adult" vs. "sex related" : Since you must be an "adult" (in the US) to buy liquor, or cigarettes, and to vote, should these be limited to the adult listings?

[can't resist a good debate]

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
XXX is always adult?

better keep the kids away from those XXX Large mens stores then :)

And don't forget the Mints :-D

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
Utimately, the owners/moderators have control over the site and are free to make the decisions as they see fit, consistent or not. As a moderator of several non-domain forums myself , No matter where or how fine you draw the line, somone will make it fuzzy and grey. Although I do agree a definition is probably in order.

Thanks. That's all I was asking for.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think most of us can agree that "xxx" and "divas" combined is the end result an adult name. Just go search "xxx divas" in google, and see if any non-adult sites come up.

I don't think the domain would be used for Extremely Extra Extra Large Divas.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom