Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Geeze...what's up with the thread move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
I noticed the mod who attacked me personally hasn't botherd to respond...figures.

This Mod is in the UK and consistently goes to bed at a reasonable hour even if someone is ranting at him in large bold black lettering. I did not attack you peronally but reponded to your abusive remarks and obscene language concerning my actions.
We have a ruling here at DNForum that says that Adult Names go in the Adult Forum and we are trying to keep to that.
You ask what determines an "Adult" domain - well it comes down to the individual interpretation of the Moderator looking at the thread, or as was said earlier:-
AdoptableDomains said:
Utimately, the owners/moderators have control over the site and are free to make the decisions as they see fit
In my particular case (not that I feel that it should be necesary for me to justify my actions) is that if a domain "looks" adult then it goes in the Adult Forum. If you list "XXXMints.com in the normal sales forum that is fine, if you list XXXGirls.com it isn't.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
I did not attack you peronally

Then what was the "even you are required to comply" remark? That sure looks like you took a shot at me. As a moderator, I would think you would have worded it in a more professional, non-personal, manner. As a mod, aren't you supposed to avoid starting thread fights? Taking a shot at someone is very unprofessional. Maybe this is just a hobby to you Mr Webname, but some of us make a good part of our living at selling domain names. It would have been nice for you to give me a reason why the thread was moved so I could avoid the same problem again.

Mr Webname said:
but reponded to your abusive remarks and obscene language concerning my actions.

I did no such thing...and if you had not been so quick to attack me personally you might have understood that. The words I used inthe post (which you called abusive) we my understanding of the words that must be listed in the adult forum (c*nt, f*ck, p*ssy, etc). The old owner use to have a rule that mods could not edit a post...for good reason. You can deleted my words and then say anything you want. It was in no way an abusive attack on you. Get real.

RMF said:
I think most of us can agree that "xxx" and "divas" combined is the end result an adult name. Just go search "xxx divas" in google, and see if any non-adult sites come up.

I don't think the domain would be used for Extremely Extra Extra Large Divas.

Like I said above, I realize XXXDivas.com is an adult domain, but I thought it was OK to list in the main sales forum since it did not have one of Carlin's 7 deadly words.

No one has addressed my question regarding GayDate.org...now that's what I would call an adult site...but it was allowed to remain.

I think we all can see we need a clear understanding of was "adult" exactly is. Until the powers that be define that list, problems like this will continue to occur.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Why is it that I can't get into the adult forum?
May I ask what did you see when you tried to do that then?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
this thread is funny.. the age-old dog chasing its tail.

I do not dare say anymore out of fear of being banned from the forum.

**shakes head is disbelief**

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom