Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"Gesture" technology next big trend???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been seeing alot in the news about gesture technology with the news catching my eye the most being Apple's recent trademarks. Also http://www.sci-tech-today.com/news/...-Technology/story.xhtml?story_id=12100ESGFUT6 Qualcomm buys Gesture firm GestureTek for its mobile gesturing assets.

Domainers who focus on future trends... do you guys think that gesturing is going to be all the rave like 3D, Cloud, and soon holotechnology will be?

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think so and here's why:

3D has 3D movies, 3D games, etc. - these are things
The Cloud is a service and so cloud domains are valuable for that reason.
Holotechnology if it actually happens will also be a product which is good.

But Gestures are a feature . . . that is part of a product. I don't think there will be too many people looking up gesture domains.

Some domains may be valuable to Gesture software companies, but I wouldn't overinvest in gesture domains.

Anyway that's my opinion (heck I could be dead wrong!).

Skinny

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a solid point Skinny, I considered that also hence why I'm somewhat cautious. 3D is just a feature also yet domains skyrocketed. Gesture technology is conceptually no different from 3D technology or holo technology. I'm going to gamble on this one. I kind of see it how pagers---> paging eventually gave way to text and texting. I can so see Apple or some other company launching an iGest or iGesture tablet or phone or mobile gaming platform that becomes a hit.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3D is a feature but it has spawned 3DTVs, 3D glasses, 3D games etc.

IMO Apple will come out with an iPad 3 or whatever and say look it includes iGesture etc. where you can now use gestures to control your iPad (or iPhone).

I really don't think Apple will stray from the iPad, iPod brands. They probably will include this feature.

Skinny

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gesture Tech is nothing and has nothing to do with 3D.

Gesture Technology is motion sensing technology, just like Kinect.

And yes, it is going to be (is) big but most names were snapped up about three years ago when this was first mentioned.

3D should not even be mentioned in the same sentence or paragraph with any other tech.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not the word "gesture", but "gesture-related" domains could have value. 3D is just a software/technology but gesture is user-centric and interaction between a human and computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom