Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Getting a wanted domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykeul

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Helllloooooo.

I am a noob, so please pardon the noob question.
Starting with, I want a domain, let's say supergene.com, I check there is no serious website on it, OK it is parked or something like that.
I whois the domain, get the email of the contact, send him a mail to know if it for sale.
Then I am considered as the end user and the owner will assassinate me on the price ... so I loose.

The question is simple ... is there another way ? (apart from sedo doing this for me, which consist in assassinate me twice :))

Thanks for your help

Mykeul

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take out a loan maybe ? :)

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Helllloooooo.

I am a noob, so please pardon the noob question.
Starting with, I want a domain, let's say supergene.com, I check there is no serious website on it, OK it is parked or something like that.
I whois the domain, get the email of the contact, send him a mail to know if it for sale.
Then I am considered as the end user and the owner will assassinate me on the price ... so I loose.

The question is simple ... is there another way ? (apart from sedo doing this for me, which consist in assassinate me twice :))

Thanks for your help

Mykeul

There is no EASY way. I would establish a price in ur mind and then try to negotiate towards that number. Email or Call and start a dialogue. But yes, by contacting first you are at somewhat of a disadvantage. That said, it all depends on the quality of the domain.

Alternatively, you can always wait and see if the registrant lets the domain drop

Again, no easy solutions

If it was easy then everybody would own killer domains

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't ask if its for sale, of course it is.
Just say "I want to buy your domain, I can offer $xxx or $xxxx," so you'll be taken seriously.
Trying to get the domain for closer to your asking price than the seller's expected selling price, is the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom