Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Getting Back on First Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a two word domain name related to teen issues...

I had a PPC template made and it showed up on the first page for a Google search of the phrase for about two weeks then disappeared...

I scrapped the template and just had a website made with four pages of my own unique content. Without spending a sh*tload of money I don't have, is there anyway to get it back up there or is it a time game at this point? Will Google eventually stop penalizing me for the duplicate content now that it is unique?

I know this may seem basic, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Domain Days 2024

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason for you dropping off the front page for your search term, doesn't have to be related with your dublicate content. Usually it takes google some time to find out the content is not original, in some cases they'll never find out.

You being at the frontpage at first sounds more like a fluke. The engines tend to rank new upcoming sites high, only to drop them fast. It happens all the time. What you need to be is consistent. Slowly but surely build your backlinks (and I don't mean linkfarms, guestbook entrances, blog spam etc) by, for instance, setting up various link exchanges, submitting your original quality site to quality directories (make sure it's prepared and ready) and all in all get the word out there.

IF your drop is indeed because of dublicate content, don't worry, google will eventually re-index your site and will in time see that you are now original and offer your visitors quality content. Hope that helped

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason for you dropping off the front page for your search term, doesn't have to be related with your dublicate content. Usually it takes google some time to find out the content is not original, in some cases they'll never find out.

You being at the frontpage at first sounds more like a fluke. The engines tend to rank new upcoming sites high, only to drop them fast. It happens all the time. What you need to be is consistent. Slowly but surely build your backlinks (and I don't mean linkfarms, guestbook entrances, blog spam etc) by, for instance, setting up various link exchanges, submitting your original quality site to quality directories (make sure it's prepared and ready) and all in all get the word out there.

IF your drop is indeed because of dublicate content, don't worry, google will eventually re-index your site and will in time see that you are now original and offer your visitors quality content. Hope that helped

Solid advice, but its duplicate not dublicate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom