Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Go Daddy becomes the .in thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For much of last year regs on both .in and .co.in were in the $2 to $3 bracket. That was promotional and designed to get you in (no pun intended). After that you were up for renewal fees of about $14.99 for .in and $7.99 for .co.in.

Currently, Whiz.in is renewing .co.in names at just over $6. If I thought GoDaddy would genuinely offer ongoing renewals at that price I would transfer my names across, but I can't see that happening.

Regardless of what Adam is touting, the problem I have with transferring .in names to GoDaddy is that the renewal fees, once they come up, will prove to be far in excess of the transfer fees. Recently I've seen GoDaddy offering .in tranfers for $12.20, but when it comes time to renew they will be back to their high pricing. From memory, GoDaddy pricing on .in has been up around the $39 mark, so why wouldn't that be the case once all this promo transfer stuff has ended? That's what Daddy does with these extension promotions.

What I'd love to know is what the wholesale costs on .in and .co.in names are. I find it hard to accept that the bottom line on Indian domain names is more than that of dot com. That just doesn't add up.

Interestingly, I'm seeing much better traffic on my premium .co.in names than my premium .in names.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ture. Traffic has been far more higher then predicted recently.

That is the reason i dropped only 10% of my domains and never looekd back

hopefully never need to look back at those domains regretfully ;-)

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good news.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I'd love to know is what the wholesale costs on .in and .co.in names are. I find it hard to accept that the bottom line on Indian domain names is more than that of dot com. That just doesn't add up.

The price levied on registrars by the registry for Indian domains are:
Second level domain, e.g. .IN 500 Rs.
Third level domain, e.g. co.in, net.in, org.in 250 Rs.
source: registry.in

Those values exchange to approximately US$10.20 and US$5.10 respectively.

From memory, GoDaddy pricing on .in has been up around the $39 mark, so why wouldn't that be the case once all this promo transfer stuff has ended?

GoDaddy was only added to the accredited Indian cctld registrars within the last two months. Registrations began less than two weeks ago. There has been no previous pricing to remember.

No doubt, Godaddy's .co.in pricing is far overpriced. Their .in is competitive at US$15; Promotional codes can take that price to a highly competitive point. So, the bad news is that you'll need a promotional code to get inexpensive renewals. The good news is that Godaddy almost always has promotional codes.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But my arguement will remain open - for .IN, the trick will do of coupons

but what about .co.in (which is equal in # of regs as .in) and 3rd levels.

they are doubly priced :O !! either they are buying time and w&w theory applied (wait & watch)

WebbyGuy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there are .in domains for just .12 cent let me in please!

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

How about cowpiss.in ?

India to launch cow urine as soft drink (no, we're not taking the p***)
cow '9504' after she was milked on a farm in Stellenbosch

(Sasa Kralj/AP)

Welcome to your new vending machine...
Jeremy Page, Delhi

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."
Related Links

* Pink knicker protest against radical Hindus

* Hindu extremists offer rewards to kill Christians

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS – which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members – to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.

Hindus revere cows and slaughtering them is illegal in most of India. Cow dung is traditionally used as a fuel and disinfectant in villages, while cow urine and dung are often consumed in rituals to "purify" those on the bottom rungs of the Hindu caste system.

In 2001, the RSS and its offshoots – which include the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party – began promoting cow urine as a cure for ailments ranging from liver disease to obesity and even cancer.

The movement has often been accused of using more violent methods, such as killing 67 Christians in the eastern state of Orissa last year, and assaulting women in a pub in Mangalore last month. It also has a history of targeting foreign business in India, as in 1994, when it organised a nationwide boycott of multinational consumer goods, including Pepsi and Coca Cola.

The cola brands are popular in India, now one of their biggest markets, but have struggled in recent years to shake off allegations, which they deny, that they contain dangerous levels of pesticide.

Mr Prakash said his drink, by contrast, was made mainly of cow urine, mixed with a few medicinal and ayurvedic herbs. He said it would be "cheap", but declined to give further details about its price or ingredients until it was officially launched.

He insisted, however, that it would be able to compete with the American cola brands, even with their enormous advertising budgets. "We're going to give them good competition as our drink is good for mankind," he said. "We may also think of exporting it."

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For much of last year regs on both .in and .co.in were in the $2 to $3 bracket.
Incorrect. Reseller price was $4, most people paid $5.

I think only Mr. Prakash will be buying it for his consumption. Take my word for it that aside from these people, no one would want to be caught dead drinking that.

Lmao. What will they think of next?

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those of you registering domains in (.in) are you using English keywords or the native language?

For extensions such as .com, .co.uk, .us, etc. it makes sense to use English but how about other countries?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long does a .IN transfer take to complete?
Are there authorization codes?
Anyone have their names at NamesBeyond?

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I transferred some .in from Directi Resellerclub to Godaddy. The total time from request to the names being under my control at Godaddy was five to seven days. Transfer was similar to other tlds (Auth-Info codes required).

How long does a .IN transfer take to complete?
Are there authorization codes?
Anyone have their names at NamesBeyond?

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GD - as one of the larger Western hemisphere players - joining in the .in TLD space is a good thing... this should open up the major registrars to jump in the fray and finally offer us somewhat reasonable new registration (and renewal) pricing for .in names.

That being said, since some are discussing the worth of .in properties as a whole, I don't think we have seen the National gelling on the part of Indians to gravitate towards .in over gTLDs such as .com/net/org as we saw with .de/.uk/.ca and others.

That will happen, but it will take some time...

As for domainers, having GD in the .in space is a good thing for expanding the realm of registrar competitiveness overall...

All IMHO, of course ;)

Rob

Last edited:

rtr

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of comotion on GD moving to offer .IN.
We have been accredited for quite a some time, as well as for CN and TW. Actually, they are all managed by the larger Registry Services (Afilias, Neustar, etc). So transfers and things like that will be handled the same way as for the other g-tld's.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for GoDaddy to accept bulk .in transfers.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They do now I think.

Though I don't think they're participating in the current promo.

.in for $3.99 is pretty good, brings down the 2 yr price to parity with .com

miker20

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm glad i can now get .in, there's room for some creative names there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators