Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy advertising through our reseller sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR9

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do I get WWD to understand my reseller space is advertising their services? Look at:

https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/ftpinfo.asp?prog_id=racknine

And click on the website complete link. All links there point to jomax.net... going to jomax.net takes you to GoDaddy.

So I emailed support, they said:

Dear Matt,

The screenshot you have taken is from within Website Complete. Website Complete is a GoDaddy product and not one that can be sold through a Reseller Store, due to the fact that the product does contain the GoDaddy name and uses GoDaddy hosting. I am unaware of any plans to create a version of Website Complete that is unbranded for Wild West Domains customers to use.
This has happened at least three times (on three separate pages) this week while I try to increase traffic through my WWD site. How do I fix this? Can I fix this?

-Matt

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can not see the GD name on any website complete link.
Could you copy and paste the link here please.

MattR9

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Received a working response from reseller support:

I will forward this on to our developers to have removed from the reseller storefront site. It is not available to purchase but simply shows how to upload with it if you already own the program. I will be sending you a response when the issue is resolved

ForumDomains, thank you for your concern, this dealt with WebSite Complete, a GoDaddy-only product I guess us resellers aren't supposed to have... or have help documents for.

-Matt

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I've got what you mean now.
This is a minor issue though compared to some others...
For example, if a customer purchases a Deluxe hosting plan and tries to use for the first time some of the free scripts included he/she has to accept the end user agreement. And guess who is offering this? GoDaddy of course - directly from your reseller site!
Have you noted that?

socalwebsites

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I've been receiving renewal notices for GoDaddy from domains I purchased through my storefront. What's up with that?

MattR9

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, but why do I as a reseller need to pick through WWD's services in order to make sure they're not pointing elsewhere?

This is stupid, why offer a reseller program when you can't compete with GoDaddy's pricing and your service advertises their products. Had I known about RazorBlue or DNF's offerings beforehand I probably could have saved myself the cost of a reseller account.

Dark_One

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hmm your site takes ages to load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom