Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this happens tho, you see on GD the domain is "in auction" when all that happened is the buyer offered $60, that's not an auction....maybe other times it appears to some as if it could be a BIN, but not in the test we conducted.... I was happy to pummel Sedo again LMAO but they only did one thing wrong.... (not telling the buyer the seller cancelled and it's been 3 days).....so it must depend on each case, but I agree with Biggie bad offers coming from GD are better than no offers.... if you're the seller

.........each of above names are also listed in GD like they are in an active auction with "time left to bid", exactly under the guise reported by OP...........those domain names are NOT in auction.......

But it can be a bummer if you're buying on GD and feel ignored, or you're actually misled into thinking it's an ongoing auction when it's a simple O-C/O, so Kuat I get your point too. I'm sure it appeared as an auction format in your case when there was no real auction happening....

My point is, it's not an auction, it's just another marketplace. Unsuspecting buyers think that $60 is starting bid, when in reality seller don't even have to respond to you.....

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, just a couple of wks ago I was the seller on a deal involving this notorious GD-Sedo agreement, my domain was at Dotster, I was asked to provide its auth code, I replied to Sedo the name had almost a yr left and I was told it wasn't really the buyer's choice, ie that as per the regulations in that agreement the buyer has to transfer the domain to GD if it isn't a GD domain, so those $12 you mentioned.....it sounds like it could be GD's charge for the transfer to them, if so that's a lot ...but at least let's hope they don't make you pay an additional transfer fee ...

So, there's no need to even open a NetSol acct, horrible registrar for the $29-39 they charge for regs/trans/rens so you won't be missing out on anything good....dunno about a deadline to push by (they can't just push the name to you at NetSol to begin with, unless they're treating this deal differently they'll demand you transfer it to GD cuz that's where the offer you placed for that Sedo listing originated) ....but if the domain does have < 60 days with NetSol (recent change in the WhoIs you mentioned...) then I wonder what GD-Sedo will do, they might even cancel it, don't be surprised....and if they do let you accept the name at NetSol then make sure you transfer it away well ahead of its exp date, unless you're rich enough to pay for $29-39 renewals (and adding privacy at NetSol ? an extra $19....) :yes:

My apologies, it's a Network Solutions domain. It's still not mine yet. Is there a time limit or something that they need to push by... looks like I'll need a NetSol account cause the whois changed recently (may still have one from late/early 90s/00s)... This is more headache than the transfer center
:upset:

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Great article by Theo from October 2012, and a couple of the posters on it are known DNF members too. The one thing Theo and others seem to do (maybe temporarily ?) was delete the domains from their Sedo account. Assuming you don't park with Sedo you'll still get requests thru those pages..

I permanently deleted all domains from my Sedo portfolio; once this is done, domains are removed from GoDaddy after syncing and that takes 1-2 days max. All of my parked domains are now at Internet Traffic.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, just a couple of wks ago I was the seller on a deal involving this notorious GD-Sedo agreement, my domain was at Dotster, I was asked to provide its auth code, I replied to Sedo the name had almost a yr left and I was told it wasn't really the buyer's choice, ie that as per the regulations in that agreement the buyer has to transfer the domain to GD if it isn't a GD domain, so those $12 you mentioned.....it sounds like it could be GD's charge for the transfer to them, if so that's a lot ...but at least let's hope they don't make you pay an additional transfer fee ...

Why even offer domains from other registrars on GoDaddy if they can update the contact information and it not be transferable for 60 days?

GoDaddy gets $12 for waiting 2 months in order to transfer my domain?

Last: 20-Jul-2013

This took a while to pick, I should have just bought through Sedo and keep at NetSol until I could transfer it myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom