Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymanshack

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted my domain name http://absolutely-free-domain-names.com/ on godaddy auctions quite a while back. I ended up changing my mind about selling it, and forgot that I was even auctioning it due to godaddy's terrible interface. Someone bid $10 on it and I don't want to sell it! I looked in my godaddy auctions interface and it will not tell me what user bought it, it will only tell me their godaddy id #. I figured maybe i could get a hold of them and tell them I didn't want to sell. How do I cancel this auction?

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say that if someone has already bid, they get it. Kind of the whole point of auctions.
Its a contract and you should abide by it. Its just one domain - move on to the next one...

coreymanshack

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say that if someone has already bid, they get it. Kind of the whole point of auctions.
Its a contract and you should abide by it. Its just one domain - move on to the next one...

It's not JUST the domain, I have a whole website with content attached to this domain.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are still obligated to sell the domain

but not the content. You can offer it to the buyer, after the domain transfers and you find out who it is.
You can charge for the content esp if it has growing traffic/PR.

Or put that same content onto another domain. in most cases the domain matters less than the content!!!!!

coreymanshack

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are still obligated to sell the domain

but not the content. You can offer it to the buyer, after the domain transfers and you find out who it is.
You can charge for the content esp if it has growing traffic/PR.

Or put that same content onto another domain. in most cases the domain matters less than the content!!!!!

Well i did some SEO for the domain, but I guess if I stuck the content on a new domain with better domain age I'd have an easier time getting it up in the serps. I'll try to sell the content to the buyer once he receives the domain, and I find out who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom