Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Backorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nWo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone use the Godaddy Backorder and is it any good? :grouphug:

acegoet

Platinum Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 1 on backorder with them. Have swithced the name a few times because it has yet to catch one......

About the only good think is that once you pay them for the service they let you keep switching the name until you actually get one.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it's probably pretty useless. If you really want a name, you will never get it through GoDaddy backorder.

If it was that effective, i'm sure Pool and SnapNames wouldn't be doing so well with their drop service at 60$+ per shot.

Jay

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have picked up some rather nice names using their backorder system, sometimes they hit and sometimes they don't.

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that domains dropped by godaddy have better chance to be picked up by them. Otherwise, godaddy backorder chance to catch a dropped domain is in my opinion 1% if not 0. 2 years of using godaddy backorder tought me that.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its only any good for godaddy registrations or forget it !

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are crap, haven't picked up any names in month. Couldn't even pick up their own names!

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they are crap, haven't picked up any names in month. Couldn't even pick up their own names!

For the past 6 months I've been able to hand-register every name I've backordered before GD could "catch" it. I should probablly be suprised by this, but I'm not.

tricolorro

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone use the Godaddy Backorder and is it any good? :grouphug:

Hi,

It's mostly a useless service from my experience.

Even domains that are dropping from GoDaddy they
cannot grab unless it's a domain that no one else is trying
to get.

Over and over they fail.

Patrick

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The service is useless unless you want a name that no one wanted on TDNM.com ... I had a few godaddy back orders and it took me about 3 months to get rid of them on only dropping godaddy names that no one else wanted.

My suggestions is to not even consider buying a godaddy back order.

nWo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the replys looks like i will not use it!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to get 5 to 20 names a week with godaddy backorders when they were more effective.

I now probably only get 3 to 8 a week, depending on how much time and inclination I have for dedicating to their system.

I don't use them now for names that I know they have no or little chance of getting.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The service is useless unless you want a name that no one wanted on TDNM.com ... I had a few godaddy back orders and it took me about 3 months to get rid of them on only dropping godaddy names that no one else wanted.

My suggestions is to not even consider buying a godaddy back order.

I fully agree with Onward.....There was a time when you could backorder a Godaddy domain, and you were guaranteed to get it if the owner didnt renew, but not anymore since TDNAM, it's pretty much useless now.

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I backordered 6 domains a few days ago and didn't get a single one.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's become a "stupid tax" as far as i'm concerned.

If you really want the domain, pony up at Pool or Snapnames and gamble!

Kerrijo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really need help with this. I've had 2 backorders going on for over a month now and I can't catch any names. HOW do I catch a name? When is the best time to put a backorder up? The same day the auction on TDNam ends? The day after? 2 weeks after?

They won't refund me, I've asked. This is frustrating.

Any help with dates or timing would be appreciated.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its only gd if the domain is registered with Wid West Domains Godaddy and one more registrar which I cant remember now. But other than that if the domain is regsitered with other regsitrar like network solutions, than forget it. you Will never get domain thn from Godaddy

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its only gd if the domain is registered with Wid West Domains Godaddy and one more registrar which I cant remember now.

Blue Razor

But other than that if the domain is regsitered with other regsitrar like network solutions, than forget it. you Will never get domain thn from Godaddy

Not quite true.

I'm not sure what my exact success rate during the last month is, but I think it is somewhere between 1 and 3 names for every 10 I have tried for. (ie 10-30% success rate)

I regularly have to buy more backorders to replace my stock.

Obviously I'm not going for three letter .nets and traffic names etc, but the quality of the names isn't the issue I think. It's just the claim that godaddy backorders are useless/don't work.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my experience, GoDaddy are still able to catch names over competing registrars though they seem to have difficulty with .info catches in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom