Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy backordered domain cautch by GD reseller, GD status - Capture Unsuccessf​ul

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, if I understand you correctly Godaddy has it's own backorder system, plus there is additional system for resellers.
And if a backorder is made with GoDaddy and at one of GoDaddy resellers by the same person - domain will be awarded to this person if domain will be cautch by GoDaddy or one of the resellers?

Essentially... yes.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It's simple, really. Go Daddy and Wild West Domains are two different registrars. As such, they compete with one another for dropped names, just like any other registrars would. A captured domain goes to the customer of the capturing registrar.

You didnt' answer the question. When more than one backorder is sold and the domain is caught, how do you determine who gets the domain?

Real life example:
Day 1, I placed a backorder from my non-Godaddy account. It was caught by "Go China Domains", and awarded to me.
Day 2, I placed a backorder from my same non-Godaddy account. It was caught by "Go China Domains". I then get the email "sorry, we didn't catch the domain".
I open a ticket to ask support what happened, and of course I'm send instructions on how to purchase a backorder.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did Halvarez finally find a new job?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, Godaddy Guy seems to have abandoned ship on us.

I've done my research and now have the results.

Domain: refinancerebate.com

1) 2 days ago, I backordered this domain in my reseller sub-account.
2) 1 day ago, I backordered this domain in my Godaddy account.
3) Today, the domain dropped and was caught by Godaddy.
4) I received an email from my reseller account that "Godaddy failed to acquire the domain".
5) I received an email from my Godaddy account that "Godaddy SUCCESSFULLY acquired the domain".

So now I can answer the questions that Godaddy support and Godaddy Guy refused to answer. They are basically screwing over the resellers and they reseller customers. ANY backorder and ANY time placed in a non-reseller account wins over any backorder in a reseller account, even when the reseller backorder is placed first.

Bad move, Godaddy, you should be supporting your resellers, not taking from them.

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, Godaddy Guy seems to have abandoned ship on us.

I've done my research and now have the results.

Domain: refinancerebate.com

1) 2 days ago, I backordered this domain in my reseller sub-account.
2) 1 day ago, I backordered this domain in my Godaddy account.
3) Today, the domain dropped and was caught by Godaddy.
4) I received an email from my reseller account that "Godaddy failed to acquire the domain".
5) I received an email from my Godaddy account that "Godaddy SUCCESSFULLY acquired the domain".

So now I can answer the questions that Godaddy support and Godaddy Guy refused to answer. They are basically screwing over the resellers and they reseller customers. ANY backorder and ANY time placed in a non-reseller account wins over any backorder in a reseller account, even when the reseller backorder is placed first.

Bad move, Godaddy, you should be supporting your resellers, not taking from them.

That makes sense, thank you Juniperpark. Godaddy (corp) gets the full backorder fee and they don't pay any commision to the reseller that way. They also get the full renewal fee for the domain when it comes due in a year. That little bit of profit times the thousands of successful backorders makes (and saves) them a ton of money.

I realize this thread is over a month and a half old, but there's some good info here..!

olegaz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ANY backorder and ANY time placed in a non-reseller account wins over any backorder in a reseller account, even when the reseller backorder is placed first.

Not true.
domain : result.info
I had a backorder with GD. Domain was catched by Go Montenegro Domains a week ago.
Today got an e-mail : RESULT.INF​O Capture Unsuccessf​ul

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Our previous explanation still applies in this case. If you place a backorder through a reseller of ours, Wild West Domains will attempt to capture the domain for you when it drops. If you place a backorder through Go Daddy, they will attempt the same. It does not matter who placed the backorder first. The attempt to secure the domain is placed by both when it drops. If Wild West Domains successfully captures the domain, it is awarded to the reseller customer who placed the backorder. If the domain is captured by Go Daddy and there are multiple backorders, an auction process begins and any Go Daddy customer who had a backorder on the domain may participate.

I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. However, please feel free to reply with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM sent on a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom