Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

godaddy backorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
backorder is now mainly for names in tdnam that did not recieve a bid, or for drop catch from other registrars, names in tdnam are going to appear in day 19 to day 29 after domain expires nowadays i believe

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually, backorders are now considered a bid in tdnam, so if the domain is with godaddy, you will get the domain on day 42 after the domain expires.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TDNAM only covers domains that are registered through GoDaddy. If it's with another registrar, the system works as it always has unless that registrar is catching their own names, renewing their expired domains themselves, or using a specific catch service. It is a lottery ticket BUT they can and do catch a few good ones. I have used it since the begining and have gotten several very good to excellent names on the cheap. Your odds are lousy but not non-existant. I have gotten many names that I've sold for $1-2K and about 40 of then aggregate make me about $180 per month at SEDO in PPC revenue. Yes, Pool is better but at Go Daddy you pay about $5-19 (depending how you buy) while at Pool you will pay often thousands for a good name. If you really want something you should be in everywhere and be ready to spend $$$-$$,$$$ if you 'must have' it. On the other hand, you have, maybe, 1 in 100 to 1 in 2,000 chance of getting it at Go Daddy for real cheap if you're just randomly speculating. Pool is likely 1 in 5 to 1 in 50 but it will cost you (as will everyone else)!

As one of the other posters noted, 'It won't be here for much longer', I too, suspect. Even if Go Daddy keeps it, more and more catches are arranged on an exclusive basis external to the old 'catch as catch can' system. It's absurd but that's the way it is.

contact

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where on their site can I download the full list of GoDaddy domains that will be expiring?

SnapNames provides both a web search interface and allows you to download the list.

But I was only able to find just GoDaddy's web search interface to their expired domains.

-David

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, i thik for the sheer amonut of expired domains, they don;t have a printable list, wow, they just started offering domain appraisals now

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This i sno tgood in my opinion :) :( Just sucks

ExovianAnthony

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has gotten 2 out of 3 backorders I have purchased from them. Not so bad eh?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExovianAnthony said:
Godaddy has gotten 2 out of 3 backorders I have purchased from them. Not so bad eh?

Their performance depends on the quality of the name, the extension and whether the name is regged in-house at GoDaddy, Wildwest, Blue Razor or at another registrar.

ExovianAnthony

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Their performance depends on the quality of the name, the extension and whether the name is regged in-house at GoDaddy, Wildwest, Blue Razor or at another registrar.

You are very correct, but 2 out of 3 isn't so bad. It is an average of 66.6% : :approve:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExovianAnthony said:
You are very correct, but 2 out of 3 isn't so bad. It is an average of 66.6% : :approve:
Might, or might not be. You would need to answer the previous post.

ExovianAnthony

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domains weren't top quality, but they surely weren't bad either or they wouldn't have been on BackOrder by me.

zachbb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats pathetic. I didnt know about godaddy auctioning the domain at TDNAM. If you are going to pay upfront, then the domain shouldnt be auctioned.

AND if you dont get the domain, your money should be refunded.

Thats why I used godaddy back orders once, and only once.

zach

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had decent luck with godaddy backorders where the expired domain was registered at godaddy.

URL Trader

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just started a thread under Articles>Domain Names called Backordering/Expiring Domains before I found this forum. I think you all will find the article very interesting.

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone at GoDaddy and he was as surprised as I was that when I place a backorder for a domain dropping from GoDaddy that I am not informed of the fact that the domain also becomes part of the TDNAM process. I could be wrong and would love to be corrected on this one, but nowhere when placing a backorder for a domain at GoDaddy am I informed of this.....in my tiny mind this would appear to be a breach of contract by GoDaddy.

I totally agree, I lost a valuable domain in GoDaddy backorder and just now found it at their TDnam Recent Sales list. What a shame GoDaddy! As I said, I'll be out of there soon, very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom