Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy charges 9.95 per renewal on infos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few hundred domains at GD, and after renewing for 8.95 (never figured out why I didnt tranfer out to my main registrar), they just slammed me with renewals of 9.95 per domain on 20 .infos!!!

Their reply was the ICANN fee.
I said the icann fee is 25 cents, then they replied that I bought the domains at 8.95 as a 'special'!!!

Can you believe that!
I bought them 8.95 at normal price!

What a rip off!

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well maybe not a rip-off..just not a DEAL..i didn't notice the price difference..time to initiate some transfers :-D

jim

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its not the money, its the ideals.

They said that the normal price is 9.95 (9.70+25), while I know it was 8.95.

Its time for me to start transfering out as well...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
...Its time for me to start transfering out as well...

Better make sure you have not renewed or changed any registrant info (even added a comma or dot etc) recently or the 60 day clock applies.

Also, if you try to transfer and they fail you need to remember to call after 30-days and ask for a refund of the prepaid transfer cost as that is the only way to get the refund! If you forget to ask for it they keep the money from what I have both been told by them, and seen first hand.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does the 60 day apply If you just renewed?
does it apply If you add or remove lock status or dns servers???

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
does the 60 day apply If you just renewed? does it apply If you add or remove lock status or dns servers???

Definately YES to #1 with no exceptions allowed on any renewals even if the name has been there for ages, or if you added a comma to your address for example, or added your middle initial it gets transfer prohibited for 60 days. That really sucks!

Not sure about issue 2 or 3.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
isnt it riduclous?
after following a thread inwhich you participated about WWD and GD under cutting its resellers, I ended up NOT going with their WWD reseller account, and I have found another source. A little more expesnive, but much better.
It's just craqzy that after 9 email exchange with them, all they can say is the default price for .info is 9.95, when it is 8.95 (or go ahead and add 25 cents for ICANN), and they said I bought it at a 'special' for 8.95.
Ridiculous.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my experience with NetSol, Register.com, and guess who, GoDaddy of course, I learn NOT to reason with some registrars: just transfer your domains away, and everything will be fine. ;)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well apparently, it isnt that simple now..
I'll have to see If because I changed lock status (after nov 12 paranoia) and dns servers, If I have to wait 60 days...
:-(
Gone Daddy...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please keep us updated: I modified DNS for a lone domain I "caught" with their backorder service a while back and have not yet transferred out. ;)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh I sure will.

I have been trying to 'negotiate' with one of their support people, whom apparently knows nothing about domains, barelly speaks English (dont you love outsourcing), and just told me that a price for a NEW .info is 9.95 when the site says 1.95....
the new pricing has nothing to do with renewals, I just think it is strange that he/she insists it is 9.95 when the site says 1.95 for NEW reggs.

Gone daddy, gone I will be!!!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
the new pricing has nothing to do with renewals, I just think it is strange that he/she insists it is 9.95 when the site says 1.95 for NEW reggs.
GoDaddy has lots of "specials" that last for a good loooooong time. It bugs me that they're so cheap, and I guess this type of thing shows why. I like "everyday low prices". Make sure that when you remove you "LOCK" it isn't counted as a "change" that makes you wait 60 days. Wouldn't that be horrible?

~ Nexus

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nexus, thats what I am looking at.
it seems (no proof yet) that this indeed is the case.
Anyhow, I will strike back soon very very strongly.
I have purchased a domain that I am developing regarding registars that has lots of traffic...
I will be sure to mention this little detail from Gone Daddy...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
oh I sure will. I have been trying to 'negotiate' with one of their support people, whom apparently knows nothing about domains, barelly speaks English (dont you love outsourcing), and just told me that a price for a NEW .info is 9.95 when the site says 1.95.... the new pricing has nothing to do with renewals, I just think it is strange that he/she insists it is 9.95 when the site says 1.95 for NEW reggs. Gone daddy, gone I will be!!!

Unfortunately, (at least in my view) they seem to have declined a lot over the past few mos compared to the past when I always praised them.

P.S. Are you sure they use outsourcing? Every time I call GD/WW they say they are in Scottsdale AZ. I thought only American Express Cust Serv was in Bombay :cheesy:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not answer that question without having what looks like a racist post.
And since I believe every single person on this planet is equal, as I have been taught in my country, my reply would not be productive.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
I can not answer that question without having what looks like a racist post. And since I believe every single person on this planet is equal, as I have been taught in my country, my reply would not be productive.

It's nt really racist. I just happen to believe if its a US company (or any other firm located elsewhere) the jobs should stay in that nation. Especially if the outsourcing employees do not even speak the home based firms language very well or understand common words. i.e. the Amex cust serv people in Bombay who amazingly fail to understand simple English words such as what Billing Dept means!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that does sound strange...
It is NOT about location.
It is about ABUSING people in other nations for profit.
Profit, which there companies will NEVER get.
I am very VERY different from a fellow in Alabama.
Yet, no matter his/her accent I can undestand it.
I can NOT understand (as much as I wish) an Indian accent from New Delhi.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
well apparently, it isnt that simple now..
I'll have to see If because I changed lock status (after nov 12 paranoia) and dns servers, If I have to wait 60 days...
:-(
Gone Daddy...

If changing lock status means you have to wait 60 days, that's downright ridiculous. You leave domains locked unless you want to transfer, so you would always have to unlock 60 days before you want to transfer!

Of course, making you wait 60 days after ANY change is ridiculous.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
Make sure that when you remove you "LOCK" it isn't counted as a "change" that makes you wait 60 days.
~ Nexus

That doesn't seem to be a issue I just..a few days ago unlocked a name I sold and the registar transfer went through...even though I am happy about that I'm afraid to make any Registrant changes ...Middle int. etc..what about the contact's phone # ??

jim

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
I am very VERY different from a fellow in Alabama.
Yet, no matter his/her accent I can undestand it.
I can NOT understand (as much as I wish) an Indian accent from New Delhi.
Well, it's off-topic, but as someone who has spent a lot of time on the English Language, I must say that people with little exposure to other accents (incl. the so-called "BBC English" which itself is arguably only one of the many accents now) very often find it hard to understand Englishes from other places. And while a New Yorker can understand a Southerner's speech because they are both variants under the unbrella General American accent, he or she might find a Londoner's cockney sound or that of our friends down under difficult to catch. Similarly, the Indian accent cross-bred from its colonial days seems more like Chinese to the midwesteners.

In other words, it takes time and more exposure to international English to enhance your listening skill, bearing in mind that the English Language is no longer owned by the English people, not to say the Americans. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom