Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy domains being stoled right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just received the same email.

Changes to your registrant and/or administrative contact information have been initiated for the domain name(s) listed below:

RUNNINGONKARMA.COM
MORESTORIESOFLUPUS.COM
GEEXPRESS.COM
MERKANTILDATA.COM
OBVIOUSNEWS.COM
FLYINGSADDLE.COM
RIVALUTION.NET
FREEANDTHORNTON.COM
S5M.COM
SLOVAKEMBASSY.COM

You *do not* need to respond to this email.

I have checked whois and all contacts changed, and cant access my account, the domains are probably being transfered to a different register right now, and all godaddy can do is tell me to right to [email protected]

where I get

Thank you for contacting the Undo Department, your email has been received. Our normal hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM. We will respond to your email by the end of the next business day. Thank you in advance.

I feel so impotent, my domains are being stoled and there seems to be nothing I can do arggg

any advice apreciated.

Thank you

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as you email undo you should be fine

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you changed your password and I would also highly recommend not using a free email service (GMail. Yahoo etc..) as your registrar contact (GoDaddy allows easy management of having two email accounts - one for WhoIs and the other for the registrar contact.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure which one was compromised if the gmail account or the one I had at dreamhost.

I think I will become very paranoid with security and passwords from now on.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PC Tools Spyware Doctor monitors continously and is the best money I have ever spent!

http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

Just download it, pay for the full license version and protect everything..trust me this one does it all. Constantly updates and monitors basically everything 24/7 and does constant scans.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use mac, I do think the problem was on the server not on my pc, time to try and get some rest now, hope I do have an answer from godaddy in the morning, thanks for the advice.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once the contact details have been changed, they can't transfer out of 60 days - maybe you can find out the details of the theif from Godaddy.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sorry your domains are being stolen

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for godaddy to answer back, James, I hope you are right about the 60 days transfer out after modifying the administrative contact details, that will really give me some time..

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They cant move any domains out of godaddy after the account change, don't worry

delxd

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain was stolen as well from GoDaddy on the 7th February, i discovered it just yet, i emailed [email protected] with all my information, and now im expecting an answer from them. The hacker seems to be the same that stole several domains in '08 like gtoy.com and elli.com.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this could be someone inside GD perhaps who has access to
all the details ??.

DG

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you got a reply from them yet?

I dont think it is someone from godaddy, its just that with the millions of domains they administer they have a higher probability of being with them.

Makes you think of the old days when you had to send a fax to have something changed ;)

delxd

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you got a reply from them yet?

I dont think it is someone from godaddy, its just that with the millions of domains they administer they have a higher probability of being with them.

Makes you think of the old days when you had to send a fax to have something changed ;)

No, they didnt reply my email yet, im hoping they will do soon. The funny thing is that, it was stolen the 7th February, but he didnt change the DNS, he left it unchanged, he transfered it to another registar, and extended it +1 Year... it would expire in August 2009, and now its going to expire in August 2010, i only discovered it yesterday, because i changed my hosting, and i needed to change the DNS. I guess he was waiting for me to contact him, then he would try to sell my domain back for a ridiculous price. Which i woudlnt pay, so im hoping GoDaddy will help me to recover it.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which Registrar did he move it to ?

DG

No, they didnt reply my email yet, im hoping they will do soon. The funny thing is that, it was stolen the 7th February, but he didnt change the DNS, he left it unchanged, he transfered it to another registar, and extended it +1 Year... it would expire in August 2009, and now its going to expire in August 2010, i only discovered it yesterday, because i changed my hosting, and i needed to change the DNS. I guess he was waiting for me to contact him, then he would try to sell my domain back for a ridiculous price. Which i woudlnt pay, so im hoping GoDaddy will help me to recover it.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy answered me last night, I have to send a fax and documentation with the old domain registrars details, and they have bloqued the domains now.

It seems they didnt now about the 60 day none transfer, so I hope I will be lucky and get them back soon.

delxd

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They answered me too.

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us. If you were the registrant at the time the domain [FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]names[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] transferred away from GoDaddy.com, Inc., please go to the link below and click on Dispute on Transfer Away located under Corporate Policies. Print, complete, and return the form along with all required information. Once all the required documentation has been received, we will contact the current registrar and attempt to resolve the problem. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Thank you for your cooperation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Transfer Disputes[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom