Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy Faces PR Nightmare Over Domain Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an easy way to test whether Godaddy is practicing selective Hypocracy or evenly enforcing their policy:

We recently caught then fraudulently auctioning domains they do not own or control at TDNAM. They were warned repeatedly (by me) and kept doing it.

SO - we should ask that TDNAM.COM's DNS be turned off while that's all 'sorted out'.

If they do it, they're enforcing policy, as they say.

If they don't do it, they are simply hypocrits hiding behind the bogus 'policy' argument.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy.com has numerous issues. I've been pulling my domains from their claws for a while now. I dont feel I can trust them and I dont have illegal or questionable sites. I've been shut down for using too much resourse in their hosting and without notice. Too much traffic got me shut down, and The bandwidth and space was within the limits they offer. I guess if you use the 250 gigs a month and space your up the creek. And your site gets shut down while you freek out waiting a day or so for dns to make the site live again.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of domain registrars pulling domains because of what is hosted on them. I can see if the website is hosted with them, then sure stop hosting it, The lawyers of Scientology contacted my registrar because i had used a copywritten photo on my website they thought the registrar was my host and demanded it taken down. I asked them "what right do you have to tell me what I can or cannot host." I ended up taking down the site cause Scientologists scare the shit out of me, but it was my call not the registrars. I would compare it to the dmv pulling your license because your driving a crappy car.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of domain registrars pulling domains because of what is hosted on them. I can see if the website is hosted with them, then sure stop hosting it, The lawyers of Scientology contacted my registrar because i had used a copywritten photo on my website they thought the registrar was my host and demanded it taken down. I asked them "what right do you have to tell me what I can or cannot host." I ended up taking down the site cause Scientologists scare the shit out of me, but it was my call not the registrars. I would compare it to the dmv pulling your license because your driving a crappy car.

I dont think you can compare posting photographs that are copyrighted to posting sensitive personal information, there needs to be a line drawn, and Godaddy drew that line. As for Myspace, they have a duty to protect the privacy of there members, anything short of that is irresponsible.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Content is a host issue not a registrar one. Godaddy is not a legal body to make judgements on content. Without court order they should not be policing the internet based on "complaints". It's very silly. I have very few domains at GD and never renew with them...I move them to Moniker at every chance I get. I have less than 10 domains at GD and I wish it was ZERO.

GD will also charge you a fee for any legal paperwork they must read. I could easily get a lawyer to send out letters to anyone listed in whois with GD just to make them pay the fee.

Anyways...lesson here as always...don't use GD.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an easy way to test whether Godaddy is practicing selective Hypocracy or evenly enforcing their policy:

We recently caught then fraudulently auctioning domains they do not own or control at TDNAM. They were warned repeatedly (by me) and kept doing it.

SO - we should ask that TDNAM.COM's DNS be turned off while that's all 'sorted out'.

If they do it, they're enforcing policy, as they say.

If they don't do it, they are simply hypocrits hiding behind the bogus 'policy' argument.
And the beat goes on.

Tim Ruiz, the VP of GoDaddy, called me to discuss this issue.

My biggest complaint to him was that you, along with two other individuals, have supplied emails indicating that the three of you, all acting independantly, detected this while the names were being auction off, alerted the staff at TDNAM/GoDaddy to this, and yet the customer was told they were wrong and the auctions proceeded.

He responded that he was now aware of that and that the issue was being fixed. He assured me that he was calling every bidder and buyer that was involved in this fiasco.

Not to say that I do not doubt Mr. Ruiz, but I have heard from numerous people that they never got a phone call even after Mr. Ruiz himself paid a visit to one of the forums and said he was going to make the calls.

If all we get is lip service, then there is no need to do business with a company like that.

Perhaps we should all get together, those that won domains and paid for the domain names, and contest and dispute each one. That would be our right and that would be TDNAM/GoDaddy's case to defend. If we took each domain name as an individual domain name and filed a dispute for each and every domain name auctioned off that was not actually expired, then I think perhaps several hundred or maybe even a thousand or more claims would tie up their legal team for quite sometime and Bob may have to cut back on next year's super bowl commercial...say someone only sporting a size 34 chest.

Just a thought...but a serious thought.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a size 34 chest, as long as the cup is C+ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom