Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy forcing Private Registration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since last night I'm having problems with registering names on GoDaddy. I'm doing the same thing I always do and something's is not right.

I select "Standard Registration" NOT "Private Registration", and then "Quick Checkout". Then, 9 times out of 10, my Shopping Cart shows the line item for the name reg, and then two other line items: a "free" Private Registration and a charge for "Business Whois listing". I DID NOT ORDER THESE. There is a "Remove form cart" for the Business Whois, but there not one for Private Registration. So, I remove the Business Whois, and the Private Registration changes to $1.99! But, there is no remove for it. So, the only way to get rid of it is to go the "Change" function of the registration line item and change the selection from "Private Registration" to "Pulblic Registration." If I have 10 names, I have to do all this 10 times!

I tried rebooting, emptying cart, signing out...nothing helped. Again, maybe one time out of 10 it works properly.

I called GD twice and both CS people told me that they cannot duplicate it and so there is nothing they can do about it. Tough luck basically. The first guy said he would submit it as a bug only when I asked him to, and the second guy was very rude and said he would not. I was shocked as they have always been very good up to now.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem in the last 24 hours? If you have a GD account and have not ordered a name, could you try it (you don't have to complete the order).

Thanks!

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with an unrelated website. To make a long story short, I had an auto form filler installed (those robotic things...) and it kept choosing things for me until I deinstalled it. I hope this is your case, as the solution is rather simple. Try double checking your computer for hijacking bots (spyware/adware) too.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I scan for spyware daily and have a resident spyware checker going. I just scanned again now just in case. Nothing there.

I just tried it again on another computer. Same thing.

Can anyone else try this on their computer?

And, I just tried it on IE (been using FireFox) and it still does it.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem last night!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You say GoDaddy, I say NoDaddy.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just tested it and they make you go thru 2 pages about private registration. Select no thanks and you're all good.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or at the end click on the domain name your registering it will also have

a box public or private change check mark to public and then ok and it's gone

dt

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Getting that topic up.

GoDaddy is the worst piece of registrar ever created, it's not just for their shitty design but all the other bullshit with transfers, backorders and now this, overpriced private registrations that you can't get rid of without spending more money on fax etc.

I am moving the few domains I have with them and I advise everybody to do the same.

Name.com that's a real registrar which cares about their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom