Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFear

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did a domain name transaction months ago and didn't really touch my GoDaddy account for one reason -- complicated interface! I focused on my other projects and today I decided to do something with that one domain. I had forgotten my password so I tried resetting it and got no e-mail. Then I tried a second time and found out that my account got locked out. I searched on these forums and saw there is an account with username "GoDaddy" here. Is that really GoDaddy, and does the GoDaddy person here reply to PM's?

Thanks for any help with my problem.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a domain name transaction months ago and didn't really touch my GoDaddy account for one reason -- complicated interface! I focused on my other projects and today I decided to do something with that one domain. I had forgotten my password so I tried resetting it and got no e-mail. Then I tried a second time and found out that my account got locked out. I searched on these forums and saw there is an account with username "GoDaddy" here. Is that really GoDaddy, and does the GoDaddy person here reply to PM's?

Thanks for any help with my problem.

unbelievable

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how this comment will help me, but thanks for replying anyway. :)

mate, contact their support, Godaddy support is quite good just send them an email and they will reset your account.

They have a habit of locking out accounts that have credit card data on file for too many password attempts, if you take your credit card off your account you will find they won't lock out your account any more.

Used to happen to me all the time.

HellFear

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mate, contact their support, Godaddy support is quite good just send them an email and they will reset your account.

They have a habit of locking out accounts that have credit card data on file for too many password attempts, if you take your credit card off your account you will find they won't lock out your account any more.

Used to happen to me all the time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll just e-mail their support in addition to PMing the GoDaddy user here. If they don't reply to either I'm going to make a phone call.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Relax, mate.

I've been through this experience before and you will get your account back. Just try to remember what is the EXACT email you used to register with godaddy.

You said you got no email from them? Chances are you forgot not only your password, but also your godaddy email. Wanna bet? Otherwise, check your spam folder.

Lastly, add the email: support [@] godaddy.com in your contacts.

If you want to call, do you remember your PIN? I hope so.

G' luck!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD is fortunately reminding secure or executive account holders to renew password every 90 days.

They used to not tell you and just lock you out.

THAT was a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom