Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy messing up accounts BIG TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy is messing up their databases as well as MANY clients' accounts (including some of mine). Their so-called login merging process is full of faults. My prediction is that it will definitely cost them TONS of registrations by means of registrar transfer in the coming months (which they deserve because of their ignorance). It also reminds me to take my OpenSRS test environment challenge seriously and activate my account there (signed up this time LAST YEAR) at least with the Quick Start mode.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick warning. I have some domains from them too.

tw

M

mole

Originally posted by nameslave
GoDaddy is messing up their databases as well as MANY clients' accounts (including some of mine). Their so-called login merging process is full of faults.

Could you please elaborate, slave? What exactly is screwing up? Can't login?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There have been different login types at GoDaddy over the years and they decide to merge them all into one system. Could have been a good thing except that they are setting some of the parameters wrongly and consequently throwing a large number of domain names into wrong user accounts, especially with those registrants with more than one credit cards on file.

Now they are asking people to fax in copies of driver's licenses and signed requests in order to return those domains to them); and I was told that they are now 4 days behind (currently processing requests from Tuesday).

I am honored :mad: to be included in this mess since I have quite a number of accounts for both myself and clients and with more than a couple of credit cards on file.

M

mole

Could have been a good thing except that they are setting some of the parameters wrongly and consequently throwing a large number of domain names into wrong user accounts,

Oh damn, that explains why I see media.com in my GoiDaddy account. Shh :D

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I occasionally get 'forgotten password' emails from GoDaddy for domains that I don't own.. I average about one every month.

Dodgy.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
I occasionally get 'forgotten password' emails from GoDaddy for domains that I don't own.. I average about one every month.

Dodgy.
You must be using a very popular username. I used to get tons of that with my old CDnow account.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got worried when I couldn't login with my username and password.

I could log in with one of my customer account numbers though.

Fortunately I made a printout of my 100 plus domain names with Godaddy not so long ago, so I will easily be able to check if any are missing (I hope).

They have twice denied to transfer a domain name I have sold to a DNF member. I see no reason for the denial, but I guess it could be linked to the changes in accounts that have been made.

I think we could have at least been warned before hand, rather than finding out only when we couldn't log on.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 75 names with them and have had no trouble.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have about 32 with them. I like their control panel, and "lock" feature.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotNetKing
Yes, I got worried when I couldn't login with my username and password.

I could log in with one of my customer account numbers though.
GoDaddy has been merging 2 login systems: old domain logins whose usernames were identical to their new account logins counterparts were done away and replaced by their original customer numbers. And for those with more than 1 credit cards on file (and therefore with more than 1 customer numbers), you're in trouble.

The worst part is: customers were NOT notified before hand; they simply cannot login when they woke up one day! The 4-day backlog is a good proof of their wrong-doing. No doubt they are going to lose A LOT of registrations in months to come (including mine).

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another GoDaddy "victim" (Member "Your Name Here") has his story posted at http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33308.

Actually it sounds like another "domainer" with too many freakin accounts. Aren't you inviting "trouble" when Registrars have to merge these accounts?

I take no risks. I have just one account. Therefore I have had no problems with my "account" at Godaddy (whatsoever!). I guess I don't understand the "multiple accounts" phenomena. What it sounds like is people "forget" their passwords, then create new accounts. It's time to start making "customers" accountable for this problem!!! If you have other accounts for clients, why would you be merging them into "your" account? Maybe I don't understand because I mainly develop, and am not a reseller, but certainly it looks like their could be plenty of blame to go around here, and not everyone is a "victim". I can prove it!

One problem I do see with Godaddy, I will admit can be their customer service people. All of them are extremely friendly, but not all of them know what the left hand is doing. Looks like Godaddy is growing so fast it looks like they had to hire "warm bodies".

Secret to getting what you want at Godaddy:

1) Be polite (always)
2) Be firm
3) Be persistent (a must)

Don't:

1) Be crass
2) Neurotic ("Green space people are stealing my accounts")
3) Not persistent. Call every day (Be Polite, firm and Persistant)

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree izopod.

I had a problem recently with transferring info names to godaddy and although it sucked, they did resolve it and apologize.

The key is to write emails in a non aggressive way and keep sending them until the problem is resolved. Send them to the presidents email address.

Actually the best thing to do is to call them.

Sorry to hear you guys having problems, I know it really sucks but I think your best bet is to keep it clear and unemotional and relentless until you are totally happy with your account.

The upselling sucks but their prices are cheap and the interface is very functional. And the backorder service has snagged some decent names.

Anyways good luck!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
I have just one account. Therefore I have had no problems with my "account" at Godaddy (whatsoever!)
This is EXACTLY what they messed up. GoDaddy's OWN databases are chaotic. They have not only account logins but also customer numbers which I guess is based on credit cards on file. It's NOT like people with multiple accounts are having trouble; actually those with multiple accounts shouldn't have any problem at all.

Like I said, it's people with more than 1 credit cards on file that are having trouble. They actually split my ONE and only account that used to work well into several logins overnight, leaving my username and password combo useless.

You know what: they now even pushed those names of my clients into my account, creating a hierarchy of parent and baby accounts which has not been heard of before with GoDaddy. The only reason for that is: even though these clients of mine each has his or her own account username, they were all paid with my credit card.

In a nutshell, while merging their logins, they use credit card info as the sorting criteria (like some companies use your phone numbers to do the same job). Stupid! All my domains and GoDaddy accounts were very well-organized (using different credit cards for my company, personal use and clients), but now they were trashed by a silly database reshuffle that came with no advance warning. (Even the infamous Network Solutions allowed months before actually migrating to their new account login interface.)

By the way, I WAS (yes, past tense) a loyal customer of GoDaddy, so loyal that they actually enlisted me to be interviewed by a local Arizona newspaper (where their head office resides) for a featured article there. Now they are treating me like this! :mad:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know what: they now even pushed those names of my clients into my account, creating a hierarchy of parent and baby accounts which has not been heard of before with GoDaddy. The only reason for that is: even though these clients of mine each has his or her own account username, they were all paid with my credit card.
Now you just have to hope they use the right CC when auto-renewal time comes..

M

mole

Now they are treating me like this! :mad:

I don't think that was personal, slave. But Godaddy sure does suck.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just out of interest, I now can't login to my Godaddy account. I've tried retrieving the password, but it says my account does not exist.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've emailed support, and received the standard "click here to reset your password" response - they obviously didn't read my email stating that I'd already done so, and got "account does not exist".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom