Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

shenron

Motorward.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I drunk or is Godaddy showing a $14.99 per year price on .NET??? :eek:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All prices are over inflated. Best thing to do would be to use a discount code when registering/renewing. If you don't want to go thru all that trouble of finding them or paying for their premium discount club, I'd transfer out and get them lower elsewhere without any codes.

shenron

Motorward.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but prices have basically doubled overnight.
I keep hundreds of domains there, over 300 .nets... guess fabulous will get 300 names in less than 2 months.

Wait to go down the drain Godaddy... hmmppfff...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All prices are over inflated. Best thing to do would be to use a discount code when registering/renewing. If you don't want to go thru all that trouble of finding them or paying for their premium discount club, I'd transfer out and get them lower elsewhere without any codes.

all good advice above...

*and for the record Shenron you could be drunk too:pound:

:yo:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks like .net and .org domains are overpriced at GoDaddy. My next move is enom --> Fabulous.

shenron

Motorward.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL!

No, I guess I'm not, I've triple checked.... Fabulous is now showing the lowest for me $5.35 for .net transfers... and Dynadot is also a cool cheaper option.

In fact I guess Godaddy is the only non-option atm.

ayoo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate your continued business and make every effort to provide competitive pricing for your domain(s). We wanted to let you know that due to registry price increases and increased costs, we will be adjusting our prices for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, and .US domains effective October 15, 2008.
Renew now and save by taking advantage of our current pricing.

Got it from mydomain.com

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reel in 25 million domain registrations at rock bottom prices and due to "increased costs" raise prices like crazy. I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Bob for President!

krx

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried them today but these discount codes were working last couple days for .net.

$7.50 gdbb776 (maybe just TDNAM)
$7.99 gdp1009q (worked on new reg, renew, and transfers)
$10.58 gdp0902b

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They did this with .BIZ earlier this year and raised it to $14.99 for a couple of months and then drop back. They are greedy jerks, just like the type that have brought you the current monetary crisis. Unfortunately, I haven't found a registrar that beats them price wise (with their stupid membership).

Good news - The domain discount club price is $7.70 still ($7.50 + ICANN fee (more greedy jerks!))

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was told by my godaddy account rep, the prices you paid for dot coms and dot nets in the past, will stay constant.
I have renewed many dot coms and dot nets for below $7.50

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I drunk or is Godaddy showing a $14.99 per year price on .NET??? :eek:

are you sure that its not the price for 2 years?

if you don't change the default option, you'll order 2 yrs

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.net prices @ GoDaddy are still crazy. I just put 2 .net regs in my cart, tried several coupons, none of them worked ... so the total price was $20.38. Popped over to Moniker and grabbed them both for $7 less.

I've spent about $5K on GoDaddy regs, but don't think I've ever received a discount code from them. The only time I hear from them is when they call me to ask whether I'm aware that many of my domains will be expiring soon. Once they have my business, they want to keep it ... but they're sure not working hard to get it in the first place.

MegaCheaperDomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Shenron,

I know what you mean about bumping up the prices at renewal.

Go to our site where the prices for new registration and transfers stay the same low price - NO BS!

You'll find rock bottom prices on domains, hosting and everything you need for websites and the internet, CHEAPER!

Thanks
icon7.gif

www.megacheaperdomains.com

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out

ok I don't see the pricing deals you mentioned could you pm me your Rock Bottom pricing list and cost for renewals and transfers

thanks,

Last edited:

Go Daddy

GoDaddy.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I think this is the link you're looking for :)

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/low_price.asp?isc=appwbelgo&ci=3834

"There are no tricks in what we do, just good, old-fashioned, reliable business principles. Quite often we're asked if we bait our customers with low rates and then charge high renewal prices. Anybody that expects us to do that will be disappointed. We believe in the old saying, "You can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin it once." So, your renewal rates will be no higher than the rate you paid when you initially registered your domain name, or what our registration rates were when you transferred your domain name to us (the only exceptions would be if the price the registry charges us increased, or if you took advantage of a limited-time, special price. If the registry increases our cost, yours will go up by no more than the same percentage ours did)."

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy - I'm not sure what your point is. Other registrars I use (such as Moniker) don't charge high renewal prices. GoDaddy's .net price is far higher than I have ever paid for a registration or a renewal at Moniker.

In addition, I never have to play the "coupon game" to get a good price there ...

(I guess you have some kind of discount club with a membership that costs money. No thanks. Since I've spent so much at GoDaddy, you'd think I would qualify for some special pricing. But instead, I have to go looking for coupons any time I want to register something; I would prefer lower prices and less hassle.)

P.S. When your .info registrations are $.99 + ICANN, and renewals are at least $7 more than that, it may count as baiting customers with low rates and then charging high renewal prices, don't you think? But I'm not really complaining, since I enjoy getting the .info's so cheap there, and I don't generally hold them long enough to renew them ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom