Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy Parking or Sedo Parking - Which is Better?

Which is better: GoDaddy CashParking or Sedo Parking?

• GoDaddy CashParking

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sedo Parking

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
Godaddy CashParking vs. Sedo Parking - Which is better?

If you selected "Other", please give details!

Feel free to give your opinions on either.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what sense does it make to pay the ppc service to park there?

between two, you have to choose the free service

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
I'm actually using both and I think I've got better results from GoDaddy. That's why I'm curious to other people's experiences with them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the better results you think you are getting, is money that's coming from others who pay the cash park fee's

like a pyramid

go read every single thread in "domains with traffic section" and see how many were using gd for parking

but this is just my opinion

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
the better results you think you are getting, is money that's coming from others who pay the cash park fee's

like a pyramid

go read every single thread in "domains with traffic section" and see how many were using gd for parking

but this is just my opinion

You could be spot on with that...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try the same names at different places and leave them for 30 days to get a true measure of who-does-what for your names.

I did this a few years ago and Bodis came out on top. You have to accept the fact that you will be taking a risk by moving the same group of 10 or 20 names but this is the only true measure of how well your names perform, the number of clicks, the PPC, and if multiple clicks are captured and paid for.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
try the same names at different places and leave them for 30 days to get a true measure of who-does-what for your names.

I did this a few years ago and Bodis came out on top. You have to accept the fact that you will be taking a risk by moving the same group of 10 or 20 names but this is the only true measure of how well your names perform, the number of clicks, the PPC, and if multiple clicks are captured and paid for.

I've done a recent experiment over the last six months and I find that VooDoo comes out on top, although Bodis is right behind them! Made more from some parked names in a week than when they were parked at Sedo for >3 months.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cant vote, was no option suggesting parking is a bad idea.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cant vote, was no option suggesting parking is a bad idea.

good one!

but still, between the two

would you use one you had to pay to join

or one that is free

now consider, how many other ppc services are out here and how many are free to join?

now who you think is playing who of the two?

just saying....i don't see the rationale

:rolleyes:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had to narrow it down, I would go for free IF both had the same transparancy and percent payout in the amount they GPC (get per click) ;)

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know your RPM at godaddy.
I also don't see why one would have to pay to park at GD.
My vote is other... Voodoo

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would pick others : either namedrive or fabulous

Parking sucks and I am not expecting revenues from parking - instead where my names can be seen and sold.

I sold many names to end users from these two - not Sedo or GD.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Out of these two the obvious choice is SEDO, bit it's like being told to choose which way you wish to proceed with a slow death?

There are no good options, either way your going to die and ironically so is your parking revenue.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
You guys are a trip! Great advice :)

I'm glad that "Other" is being selected. It is always good to know other options.

I can't speak for everyone - but I can't develop every domain in my portfolio (just simply isn't possible as one person). For the ones that I can't develop, I feel that parking is a decent way of at least gaining a small income from them. Not only that, but sometimes parking first gives me a better idea of which ones to develop further.

Of course, I'm not a millionaire so maybe there is something I'm doing wrong. LOL

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It isnt about being a millionair, nor about developing everything, but with a keen eye and some decent common sense, developing some may be worthy.

But there is potential for damage for the ones you set aside if you park.

Yes there are other options, but not all of them will provide a dollar or two a month while you await a buyer.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MrWilson, you're just getting started in domaining, right ? You'll find out soon GD should NOT even be an option, the exception is perhaps numericals and some ads in Chinese for those kinda help but after looking at those plain templates (all of them are) it wasn't worth it, and it wasn't even better for numerics, just comparable to other services. For any other types it's much worse

Like they said, don't expect good pkg revenue at all anywhere nowadays unless your names are really something else, I am no fan of Sedo at all but if you must park w/one of those two then choose Sedo, and who gave you those 2 choices to begin with ? There's DomainSponsor too so remove GD from the running asap (and GD Cash Parking isn't even free - how can they charge $ for that, geee...unless you get their Domain Disc Club then it's free, and perhaps for their Exec members)

So few people mention Namedrive as their top choice in any of the threads I read, I wonder why, it's all Bodis and Voodoo these days for most on DNF apparently but I don't hear ND mentioned nearly as much as I should, I wish I knew how to make the others work. Use Namedrive for some time, w/so many options, hot templates and elaborate domain detail pages you'll see

Last edited:

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
Well I've been domaining since 2010, so is that just getting started? I'm not a seasoned veteran with 10+ years like many of you. But I'm also not new to the game.

I tried out Godaddy Cash Parking because I got it FREE in a promotion. I ended up getting slightly better results than Sedo. And nobody said that those were the only two options. My question is "Which do you prefer", where I also listed an "other", because there are simply too many "Other" companies that offer parking services to list adequately in a poll here on DNF. I hope that makes sense.

But thank you for the tip on namedrive. Looks solid.

MrWilson, you're just getting started in domaining, right ? You'll find out soon GD should NOT even be an option, the exception is numericals and some ads in Chinese for those kinda help but after looking at those plain templates (all of them are) it wasn't worth it, and it wasn't even better for numerics, just comparable to other services. For any other types it is much worse

Like they said, don't expect good pkg revenue at all anywhere nowadays unless your names are really something else, I am no big fan of Sedo but if you must park w/one of those two then choose Sedo, and who gave you those 2 choices to begin with ? There's DomainSponsor too so remove GD from the running asap (and GD Cash Parking isn't even free - how can they charge $ for that, geee...unless you get their Domain Disc Club then it's free, and perhaps for their Exec members)

So few people mention Namedrive as their top choice in any of the threads I read, I wonder why, it's all Bodis and Voodoo these days for most on DNF apparently but I don't hear ND mentioned as much as I should, I wish I knew how to make the others work. Use Namedrive for some time, w/so many options, hot templates and elaborate domain detail pages you'll see

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, I looked at the date you joined DNF, it says July 2012, I thought you were really new. If GD works OK for you, then great, maybe they've improved it, it's been a couple of years since I removed my last name from their Cash Pkg. Try DomainSponsor, ND, and from what I hear Voodoo and Bodis. I got tired of Sedo long ago but maybe it'll work for you (but remember people cannot even ask a question to the owner of a Sedo parked page unless they're Sedo customers, so if you're selling names Sedo does not work well for that, some prospective buyers who do not know about the WHOIS are reluctant to open a Sedo acct just to ask a question, or even make an offer on a parked name, they're the only ones (Sedo) who don't let you contact the owner thru the "contact" or "for sale" link, maybe you knew this)

The main pkg services were all mentioned here (except for DomainApps, it's fun, but it uses Bing, a kiss of death for revenue esp for good names) - So, good luck, and I'm not seasoned either, not even close LMFAO, I haven't actually done much in the few years since I began .....

Well I've been domaining since 2010, so is that just getting started? I'm not a seasoned veteran with 10+ years like many of you. But I'm also not new to the game.

I tried out Godaddy Cash Parking because I got it FREE in a promotion. I ended up getting slightly better results than Sedo. And nobody said that those were the only two options. My question is "Which do you prefer", where I also listed an "other", because there are simply too many "Other" companies that offer parking services to list adequately in a poll here on DNF. I hope that makes sense.

But thank you for the tip on namedrive. Looks solid.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hear more about this Mark. What's your angle?

I have parked, but not in a long while.

And watching my numbers over extended time periods,... it seems that when accounts are opened, you do well, and then it drops on a parabolic curve.

That is an issue with the individual parking companies from my perspective.

I used to park with google too, and interestingly they were supposed to be exclusive,... up until the time which google decided parking was bad and they would do anything in thier power to hide or remove the links from parking companies,..

...and even discontinued their parking service.
http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456470

So do you want your domains visible? Dont park. Develop. And dont "mini-site" either, google is on to that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom