Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy = Pay to Park!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is that new? That does look correct.

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
wow, it sounds like a highly profitable way for both parties though :eek:

Brilliant thinking Mr Parsons...seriously.

Would'nt YOU want 90% of your high traffic parking rates? nice.

JoeyMob

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I might buy a really high traffic name and test this out. I have little traffic names :(

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks interesting, but I wonder which feed they used? They should at least give users trial period.

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just signed up with the 2.99/mo plan which is the 60% tier to test some domains. The only reason why anyone would pay up to $39.99/mo is to receive a supposed 80% revenue share. Both plans cover all domains. So far:

- Stats will update in 48 hours (unlike NameDrive where they will give you an idea of where you're at)
- No keyword selection available. One of my tech domains is showing embroidery links.
- Domains will have to use Godaddy's new CashParking nameservers, but are not considered "parked" at Godaddy so you won't be able to use TotalDNS or MX functions (say if you're using one of your domains for mail).
- Landing pages seem to resemble one of Sedo's generic pages.
- Threshold for sending out physical checks appears to be $50/ with $10 charge
- $15 threshold for ACH payment
- If your domains are already at GoDaddy, they will automatically change nameservers to the CP nameservers once you enter your domains.

Anyway, that's what I've noticed so far, if there's anything new I'll update the post.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I doubt that it would be worthwhile to park with godaddy but who knows..

anyone who tries this please post comparative results.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all relative though... DS does a 50/50 split, but uses overture feeds, so higher revenue; Godaddy.com is most likely using adsense, so lower rev. is expected. 80/20 share is not bad though...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very beneficial for GD to get a regular flatfee monthly income regardless of the traffic and clicks.

This could be the wave of the future and I predict other providers will be offering it soon too. In fact, would not be surprised if it eventually became manadatory to pay a small flat-fee for each name or perhaps groups of names parked, say $2 a name, or $20 for 50, $50/mo for say 250 names, etc.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In fact, would not be surprised if it eventually became manadatory to pay a small flat-fee for each name or perhaps groups of names parked, say $2 a name, or $20 for 50, $50/mo for say 250 names, etc.

Godaddy.com is one of the FEW registrars that can pull this off. I don't think pay to park will be mandatory with parking providers, as that is their bread and butter. Let's not forget the average domain owner.

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would certainly make squatting on less than large natural traffic names alot less profitable, or possibly even costly in some cases. That'd be a nice change in my eyes.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just the stats that godaddy provide are cheap and out of date, this is the sole reason I moved away from godaddy. I think there way out of the department.

xtc said:
- Stats will update in 48 hours (unlike NameDrive where they will give you an idea of where you're at)
- No keyword selection available. One of my tech domains is showing embroidery links.
- Domains will have to use Godaddy's new CashParking nameservers, but are not considered "parked" at Godaddy so you won't be able to use TotalDNS or MX functions (say if you're using one of your domains for mail).
- Landing pages seem to resemble one of Sedo's generic pages.
- Threshold for sending out physical checks appears to be $50/ with $10 charge
- $15 threshold for ACH payment
- If your domains are already at GoDaddy, they will automatically change nameservers to the CP nameservers once you enter your domains.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could turn out to be interesting......:popcorn:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IF interesting has a new definition as a total joke.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Devil Dog said:
Looks like GD's had this in the works for awhile:

http://whois.domaintools.com/paytopark.com

GoDaddy does not own paytopark dot com, GoDaddy owns cashparking dot org, dot info, dot biz, and dot us (since around the middle of May).

webfreak said:
SiteParker.COM actually registered PayToPark.COM :wof:

Both of the those domain names are owned by Innovation Interactive, not GoDaddy.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Until they prove they can outperform its going to be hard getting clients on a fee basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom