Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy = Pay to Park!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a joke... lol

Domain Days 2024

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought I had seen everything possible, but I just read a note of praise about Godaddy Parking..

WAKE UP its godaddy!!!!!

they are like the microsoft of the domain industry, actually that is an insult to microsoft.

actually I dont think words could ever express my contempt or lack of trust for them, I think a new word that would be so profound that perhaps you would only ever use it once in a lifetime might come close.

Bob Parsons is a gimp, sorry but he is and the customer DIS-service is beyond human belief.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I thought I had seen everything possible, but I just read a note of praise about Godaddy Parking..

WAKE UP its godaddy!!!!!

they are like the microsoft of the domain industry, actually that is an insult to microsoft.

actually I dont think words could ever express my contempt or lack of trust for them, I think a new word that would be so profound that perhaps you would only ever use it once in a lifetime might come close.

Bob Parsons is a gimp, sorry but he is and the customer DIS-service is beyond human belief.

I have not done a whole lot of business with them, although I have a few names there, it is cause they were pushed to me after I bought them, and I have not bothered to transfer them out yet. Other then that, I called them when I had gained control of that scammer's gd account (6 month ago), and they seemsed nice, but it toke them a while to figer out what was going on.

And the Mall.com case soured me from ever transfering names into GD too.

Joe

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have over 100 of my domains registered with them and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem yet. Their customer service has always been ok...

That being said, ARE THEY NUTS to think we would pay for a parking service?

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like and support godaddy 100%. Their CSR's have been friendly and top notch when I've needed them.

Bob is one of the only people out there looking out for YOUR rights in registration fiasco's (can anyone here name another?) and he offers a viable service.

People here whining abo0ut Parsons/GoDaddy have yet to come up with one viable reason to hate other than "I heard so and so say that so and so said that their cousins mom who has a friend who is sleeping with a guy from amsterdam who paid for a dog from sweden, that only knows english.. said that bob parsons is a bark bark".

give up the hate people.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LeeRyder said:
I like and support godaddy 100%. Their CSR's have been friendly and top notch when I've needed them.

Bob is one of the only people out there looking out for YOUR rights in registration fiasco's (can anyone here name another?) and he offers a viable service.

People here whining abo0ut Parsons/GoDaddy have yet to come up with one viable reason to hate other than "I heard so and so say that so and so said that their cousins mom who has a friend who is sleeping with a guy from amsterdam who paid for a dog from sweden, that only knows english.. said that bob parsons is a bark bark".

give up the hate people.
MonikerMan is a lot better then Parsons

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with GoDaddy. Just because they can't kiss your ass 24/7 doesn't mean they are bad. Bob Parsons is a real person in terms of helping and representing the common man. I like how he supports a lot of people. GoDaddy is a good company.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My experience on the internet is that usually when you pay for something you get more value than just the free stuff. For example, you can get free hosting in places, but they put their ads over your pages, so it's better to pay for your own hosting and control everything on your sites. As for domain parking, if someone can come up with a way for your domains to earn more for a reasonable flat fee or something, then maybe it would be worth it. It's an interesting concept if someone can make it work.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hugegrowth said:
My experience on the internet is that usually when you pay for something you get more value than just the free stuff. For example, you can get free hosting in places, but they put their ads over your pages, so it's better to pay for your own hosting and control everything on your sites. As for domain parking, if someone can come up with a way for your domains to earn more for a reasonable flat fee or something, then maybe it would be worth it. It's an interesting concept if someone can make it work.

True, and part of that would be to offer custom landers for that fee. I would pay to have my own look and feel, but that may take a while for such a company to come along. There are companies that allow some customizations, but they will only do it if you have a lot of domains, or they won't pay much

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any company that allows for self-customization of your own landing pages while still utilizing their backend services?

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that TrafficZ does.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not commenting on the parking service, but wanted to add my 2 cents and say that speaking from 1st hand experience GoDaddy are a crap registrar.

Enom is better, but for real service I use Moniker.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I realize it's an extremely clever idea. If executed properly it would change the entire landscape of parked domains. I don't think it goes far enough, it should offer flat rate parking that allows you to keep 95%-100% of the revenue.
Applying the 20/80 rule, if 20% of parked domains are in fact 80% of revenue, imagine if one company could mop up that entire 80% for a flat fee of $50 per domain. That would leave very little for the rest of the industry to compete over.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It goes on to show that while godaddy caters to newbies, I harly see how professional domainers would want to deal with that kind of company (expect for the purpose of acquiring names registered there of course :greensmilewinkgrin: )

Actually the company may have some appeal to the average John Doe
with their cluttered interface, pushy ads, and silly design but we domainers have different needs. Like being able to register a name in max. 3 clicks and no hassle.

Now to it's the same with banks. Some banks charge their customers for holding their money and rendering services. Some customers are happy with it. Other banks do not charge ordinary banking operations. My bank does not charge me anything and that's the way I want it.
Perhaps it's a matter of personal convenience but if godaddy really wants to compete with other parking service providers they should then offer some really compelling advantages to make it worthwhile.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any results from this yet to share? If so, what are you comparing it to? Seems like a good idea for some domains if they can get RPC comparable to other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom