Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was here thinking about the possibility to buy a Godaddy reseller account to expand my online business.

Any ideas about this?

Is it worth? Not?

Ideas would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mauro

bustermattie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I asked the same type question in another thread (alas, no answers yet).......have you found anything similar you might consider besides GoDaddy?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to be a reseller and expect good business then yes.

If it is just for discounts, then most likely no. (There are plenty of discount codes out there that come very close to the reseller prices).

Odd that GoDaddy makes you pay them so they can have more business - you'd think theyd allow an affiliate program for free (like most other registrars)?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked the same type question in another thread and yes they reply me :D

I think start a Godaddy reseller is a good idea if you want sell some hosting also (plus other services).
GD can do the support staff for you.

You have 2 choices: Enom or Godaddy

I prefer GoDaddy.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really not worth it unless you own 10,000s of domain names. You're not going to get much business as there are already thousands of the Godaddy resellers that ALL look the same. I have to laugh at conferences when people say they "run their own registrar" when in actuality they paid $200 to Godaddy for a "store front." Big difference guys.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really not worth it unless you own 10,000s of domain names. You're not going to get much business as there are already thousands of the Godaddy resellers that ALL look the same. I have to laugh at conferences when people say they "run their own registrar" when in actuality they paid $200 to Godaddy for a "store front." Big difference guys.

Agreed 100%.

Mauro depends if you need a reseller account for your domains only or if you want sell other services and build some clients base.

I was interested to became a reseller months ago but I don't do it because I don't have the time to sell hosting and services...I don't have 10000 domains so I prefer don't start with this.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I have some bad experiences with re-sellers.
One being very bad on this forum, knowingly I do not join or get names from re-sellers.
-- The language he is used bad.
If some one trick me, or I buy a domain that is at a re-seller I will move that as soon as I can.

Some crooks who are in the business make it look bad..
We saw couple of threads where the re-seller just stole the domains and denied access to the domains etc..

I have no faith in re-sellers (sorry if this is offending any good re-sellers)

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you Owen over 200+ domain names (com, net, org) then I would have to say its worth it.

You would spend ($60 to $199 USfunds) on a basic or pro package from Godaddy or a Reseller https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp/hottestreseller.asp?prog_id=429163

You can only buy the Supper package 229.95 from Godaddy, this allows you to a www.resellproshop.com like this one. (mine)

You also have the possibilities of going in to business and expand while you play with the opportunities you have.

nascar59

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing guys I have over 250 domains with godaddy,some SELL SOME DEVELOP I probably go with them for a reseller account but what If any take on resellerclub or enom any thoughts out there

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own over 1500 names and I don't like it at all.

The yearly fee is an absolute killer. If they took off the fee or made it more reasonable...it would be fine. I want out but I am making a little bit of money on it and it would inconvienience a lot of my friends and business associates who use it if I got rid of it...so I am kinda stuck with it.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Info :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom