Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessDomain

http://stores.ebay.com/AGED-Domain-Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I log into GoDaddy today just as I do everyday and find a yellow VIP badge next to my username. It was a surprise to me as I have never heard anyone mention this before. I did notice today that all the sudden none of the GoDaddy promo codes are working for me and apparently I have to wait for a rep to contact me tomorrow before my domain push goes through. In place to prevent stolen domains, but to me sounds like a headache... :sigh2: My question is - what are the other advantages or disadvantages of a GoDaddy VIP account and am I able to request a non-VIP account?

Last edited:

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usually the VIP tag just means you have a dedicated support person because you have more than 250-300 domains. It shouldn't change your security settings or pricing. If you have the domain buyer club, a lot of the time the codes won't work, but you could always add another account , use the codes, and then push to your main account?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I should deserve a rep just because of the number of domains I have acquired and transfered OUT of Godaddy :D

BusinessDomain

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the quick replies. Maybe is just a coincidence the same day my account changes I cannot use the promo codes, even though I tried 7 or 8 different promos. I will give it sometime and see what happens.

INFORG - Thank you for the idea on registering another account and pushing them over. I will have to try that today!

My other question is can I remove the VIP status from my account? I had someone purchase a domain from me on here yesterday and they are not very happy they have to wait until a rep contacts me to receive the domain.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe is just a coincidence the same day my account changes I cannot use the promo codes, even though I tried 7 or 8 different promos. I will give it sometime and see what happens.
Well they got you now :)

BTW I wonder why you have that avatar unless you are a Godaddy employee.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The rep I have is pretty good. I've never had any promo code issues neither. When you click the VIP button when logged in... it displays the Name, number and ext, and email addy of whoever your rep is. Call them up or GD directly.

BusinessDomain

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well they got you now :)

BTW I wonder why you have that avatar unless you are a Godaddy employee.

Not an employee just showing support, it is currently the only registrar I use. Although if I can not get the promo codes to work it may be changing :approve:

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My other question is can I remove the VIP status from my account? I had someone purchase a domain from me on here yesterday and they are not very happy they have to wait until a rep contacts me to receive the domain.

The security you are referring to is called DTVS, and is an add on for executive accounts.
There is no requirement to have it enabled if you don't want it.

Brad

BusinessDomain

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help. Just wanted to update the thread, I emailed my account rep and received the following response in regards to the promo codes being used by a VIP account:

"Executive Account status has no bearing whatsoever to any coupon codes from GoDaddy. Our Marketing group controls the codes that are out on the Internet. The variables of the codes get changed often and sometimes will not work multiple times with the same account number.
[FONT=verdana, geneva]I do know that they have recently been evaluating the coupon and may have adjusted the code you mention."

[/FONT]

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BusinessDomain, I have a buddy who has a VIP account and once your account becomes that only the VIP rep can give you discounted prices, some of the promos may still work even if you're a VIP, just not all. Compare prices. The best way to do this is to get what you plan to buy in the cart and then enter the promos you have. After that, have the VIP rep give you his own price if you were to let him do the transaction and see what's lower.

The only way to ensure the best prices is getting their Domain Discount Club (DDC), it's a lot, $89.99/y (sometimes a 10% promo will even work for that) but if you have a lot of names it makes sense, the DDC works for us even w/the annual fee since we own some ccTLDs (some of those are expensive) and pretty much ALL exts get discounted w/the DDC, at least 10% even if they're ccTLDs. Another thing, when you buy names in GD Auctions and they're expired, the reg fee you'll pay along w/the selling price, that reg fee will be the DDC price and not the regular one and sometimes you save a lot. Paying a 1-yr reg for a domain bought in expired auctions is not something that comes to mind at 1st, but if you trade names often it makes sense.

So, ask the VIP rep and if the DDC prices are in fact lower than what he can offer then consider that. And he may even give you the DDC at a special price

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A VIP account is not a big deal...relax...it's not some conspiracy against you. Congrats you now have some volume, but as you cross the end zone try to act like you've been there before :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention before, I had added you as a contact some time before I wrote post #11 since I thought you were a GD rep when I first saw a post from you, it must be that avatar and its "reference" to Yo Daddy I guess lol, nice pick btw !.....
:eek:k:

Thank you for all of your help. Just wanted to update the thread, I emailed my account rep and received the following response in regards to the promo codes being used by a VIP account:

"Executive Account status has no bearing whatsoever to any coupon codes from GoDaddy. Our Marketing group controls the codes that are out on the Internet. The variables of the codes get changed often and sometimes will not work multiple times with the same account number. I do know that they have recently been evaluating the coupon and may have adjusted the code you mention."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom