Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion GoDaddy will Buy SquadHelp 💰

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy recently bought out Dan.com as we all know.

My prediction is that GoDaddy will buy SquadHelp eventually. May not be this year, or next, but it will happen.

GD wants to corner as many aspects of the domain market as they can. Buying Dan.com takes out major competition.

If they bought SH that will further the reach and scope.

What do you think? 🤔

Will GD buy SquadHelp eventually?

Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Everything is possible, they may buy out even other marketplaces, so in the end it will be under one umbrella, Godaddy wants full control in the Internet biz and they are achieving this step by step.
I think it's time to build something new, where corporations don't take control and do monopoly, so the end users depend only on them and they suck all the resources out of it's users.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i don't think gd will go after sh

if they wanted, they could have went for bb or alter, or some other platform like etsy.

sh isn't making as much noise as they were initially and i think gd looks at consistency, which is why they snagged unireg and dan.
they also grabbed "smartname" ppc platform a while back, formerly known as goldkey.

but who knows what could happen?

imo...

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While that's true SH has good tech GD don't got.

Hi

i don't think gd will go after sh

if they wanted, they could have went for bb or alter, or some other platform like etsy.

What do you mean?

sh isn't making as much noise as they were initially and i think gd looks at consistency, which is why they snagged unireg and dan.
they also grabbed "smartname" ppc platform a while back, formerly known as goldkey.

Never know...
but who knows what could happen?

imo...

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy recently bought out Dan.com as we all know.

My prediction is that GoDaddy will buy SquadHelp eventually. May not be this year, or next, but it will happen.

GD wants to corner as many aspects of the domain market as they can. Buying Dan.com takes out major competition.

If they bought SH that will further the reach and scope.

What do you think? 🤔

Will GD buy SquadHelp eventually?

SH is on a model where they spent lots of money on advertising and other stuff so I think they make less money and not as much as accretive as DAN.

I agree with you that they can buy SH but I think GD more likely to acquire escrow.com or Dynadot then SH.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
GoDaddy is a company that buys only what is profitable, I call it 'lazy move' because someone builds from scratch a profitable biz, then comes a beast like GoDaddy and then buys it out, we say in Romanian 'de-a gata' which means ready made, most of times lazy people want everything ready made without hard work. By this we can detect who is next.
Also when a boat is loaded too much it may sink as a result, hope GD will sink someday, I remember I cursed GD and they were giving domains away to unknown people, there even was a thread on other forum about this.
Hope the Epik acquisitions are not in a similar fashion, else it is 'de-a gata' method.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big companies buy other companies when they have cash and don't want to build what you have.

Totally make sense for GD.

GoDaddy is a company that buys only what is profitable, I call it 'lazy move' because someone builds from scratch a profitable biz, then comes a beast like GoDaddy and then buys it out, we say in Romanian 'de-a gata' which means ready made, most of times lazy people want everything ready made without hard work. By this we can detect who is next.
Also when a boat is loaded too much it may sink as a result, hope GD will sink someday, I remember I cursed GD and they were giving domains away to unknown people, there even was a thread on other forum about this.
Hope the Epik acquisitions are not in a similar fashion, else it is 'de-a gata' method.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They may make more tbh.

SH is on a model where they spent lots of money on advertising and other stuff so I think they make less money and not as much as accretive as DAN.

I agree with you that they can buy SH but I think GD more likely to acquire escrow.com or Dynadot then SH.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy will buy Efty before they would consider squadhelp.

Efty is courting godaddy you can see that from their color swith.
They were all nice and blue and switched to the ugly godaddy green.

In my opinion Efty will be on the hitlist because I think they are courting godaddy.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be.

Cyger is an investor in Efty.

GoDaddy will buy Efty before they would consider squadhelp.

Efty is courting godaddy you can see that from their color swith.
They were all nice and blue and switched to the ugly godaddy green.

In my opinion Efty will be on the hitlist because I think they are courting godaddy.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom