Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Good bye Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker works great for me and hundreds of domains there although they do seem to have bugs here and there with their email forwarding which rarely seems to work but other than that the privacy is only $1 and the control panel is ultra easy to use plus I can't remember their DNS ever being down which seems to happen at enom and directi resellers ALOT...my feeling is Moniker grew a bit faster than they thought they would and their customer service dept. was somewhat overwhelmed by the customer issues but from what I gather they are working on fixing that. Plus, they are very "domainer" friendly when there are "issues" with domains if you know what I mean...this is very important.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker.com is in fact continuing to grow. We are in the process of hiring more customer support personnel as well as improving the systems and techniques to ensure client satisfaction. Yet we maintain our differences:

We do appreciate your loyalty and business over the years. We are also here to address any specific issues to ensure your satisfaction.

Don Lyons – Senior Account Executive – [email protected] - 800.688.6311 X 3535

Victor Pitts – Vice President Sales & Client Services – [email protected] - 800.688.6311 X 3532

1. But you fail to mention why moniker raised the prices on .info and .org when Afilias (.info), and Public Interest Registry (.org) aren't raising their prices until nov. 1?

2. Why moniker relocks domains unlocked to be transferred - out... then won't unlock if less than 5 days to expiration??

3. why some .info and .mobi only shows the registrants first name in the registrants field and not last name ??

4. has moniker really never lost a domain name ??

5. why isn't their wholesale pricing anymore ?? anyone can get the "special pricing"..

my 2 cents :wave:

jim

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We do appreciate your loyalty and business over the years. We are also here to address any specific issues to ensure your satisfaction.

really?

i sent you a pm weeks ago. heard nothing back. this was after emailing my 'rep' time and time again with no reply. i don't know if he even works for moniker anymore but requested anew rep, heard nothing back. if i need anything done or answered i have been going to Monte as he is the only one who gets back.

i used to be a Huge fan of Moniker. there is no doubt that they have gone hugely downhill. visit all the main forums and the threads will tell you this. bite the hand that feeds you and people vote with their feet Don

I

impactadmin

Godaddy.

Administration panel exremely easy to use and bulk features work well.
Domains are cheap to registrer and they offer a lot of different features you can manage all from inside your account.

You can also get dedicated account reps that would do most of the work for you if you needed anything done just by asking.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Victor Pitts – Vice President Sales & Client Services – [email protected] - 800.688.6311 X 3532

Please Don ..only your 3rd post in almost 10 months..

you can add to my list above:

6. No Weekly Report of Expiring Domains in months

jim

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
6. No Weekly Report of Expiring Domains in months
Well, I get them personally... but I always have the feeling that E-mails between Moniker and customers are getting lost somewhere.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I get them personally... but I always have the feeling that E-mails between Moniker and customers are getting lost somewhere.

perhaps your right I'll see what I have to do to change my email but I do get "domain transfer report" updates though ??

jim

Go Daddy

GoDaddy.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since there are a few mentions regarding Go Daddy, thought I would address mis-conceptions that we often hear or see.

Issue: Pricing
Fact: We continue to have VERY competitive rates for our domain investor customers.
Reason for confusion: Many domain investors do not realize that Go Daddy has an Executive Accounts Department to assist our domain investing customers. The account managers in this department will work with you to help you obtain the best pricing on transfers / renewals / and new registrations. If you are not speaking with someone in this group, it's possible that you are paying retail pricing vs. wholesale pricing. Keep in mind, we have a significant number of "Joe Plumbers" that need a web site / hosting / and email.

Issue: Service
Fact: Executive Accounts is available from 6AM to 11PM (US Mountain Time)
Reason for confusion: Many domain investors call our General Tech Support number and never experience the level of support that our Executive Accounts Team has been trained to provide. They're knowledgeable and have resources available to them to help get your questions or concerns addressed. Example: My domain has been locked due to a change on the whois information. In most cases, your assigned Account Manager can help you with this.

Issue: Security
Fact: We are just as secure if not more than the other accredited registrars.
Reason for confusion: When a domain is sold via a third party transaction with no involvement from Go Daddy, all we can do is provide the legal steps that one can take in order to get their domain back. We have seen several instances where a customer claims in a post that "Go Daddy lost their name", only to find out that they were scammed by a domain predator. Via our partnership with escrow.com, we have very cost effective options to help you ensure your domain transactions are safe. Please ask your Account Manager for details.

We continue to grow and strive for improvement. If you don't have an Account Manager, we encourage you to get one. Call the Executive Accounts group at (480) 505-8885 and let them know what your feedback is and how we can serve you better.

Regards,
Go Daddy

P.S. Thanks for the recommendations in this thread

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL, GoDaddy is posting in here.

I left GoDaddy for Moniker. I can't stand the auto billing issues, slow user interface, and 60 day lock.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately there are alternatives to both registrars.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don,

Sorry but your customer service has gone down hill immensely. Your whois data doesn't match what is in the control panel, etc.

As for your not losing a domain, I don't think a few registrars actually lose domains....

Moniker.com is in fact continuing to grow. We are in the process of hiring more customer support personnel as well as improving the systems and techniques to ensure client satisfaction. Yet we maintain our differences:

• Our security is the highest in the industry. We have never lost a domain name. We also have MaxLock available, in which you have to answer self designed questions to have access a domain.

• We provide easy and quick registration domains with a 500 quantity batch look up across 160 top TLD’s and IDN’s we have available.

• Our superior domain on-line tools let you change up to 5,000 domains at one time, such as DNS, contact information, privacy and so on. Our system is the fastest of any registrar.

• We provide and support an API interface so you can customize your work and applications to better meet your domain goals.

• We provide domain appraisals that are recognized by the IRS and used for basing loans by financial institutions.

• Standard support questions are answered with a phone call or using our Moniker Support Center Ticket System that tracks each inquiry and normally resolved within 24 hours.

• For larger accounts you have your own Sr. Account Executive to help you reach your domain objectives and to maximize all the resources we offer.

• Our low cost Domain Escrow service takes responsibility for the domain, which is held in escrow, as well as the funds for a truly safe transaction. We have never lost a domain.

• We will, on your behalf, with a full staff of personnel, represent you in the sale or the purchase of a domain - We also represent our sister company, SnapNames for the sale of domains which is selling about 1,000 domains per day.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don,

Sorry but your customer service has gone down hill immensely. Your whois data doesn't match what is in the control panel, etc.

I had the same issue with a domain I paid 10K+, it was frightening. Correct the customer service issues, and IP/DNS/whois bugs, and Moniker could be the best registrar out there hands down. I've left my portfolio at Moniker despite some issues because I have faith they'll pull through these issues.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is one of the worst - i lost a domain that i bought through snapnames - never got a login from moniker - just this really stupid email to create an account but that half of the links didn't work - then when trying to use the lost password feature - the ONLY message you will get is call the main office at moniker - total scam !

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker works great for me and hundreds of domains there although they do seem to have bugs here and there with their email forwarding which rarely seems to work but other than that the privacy is only $1 and the control panel is ultra easy to use plus I can't remember their DNS ever being down which seems to happen at enom and directi resellers ALOT...my feeling is Moniker grew a bit faster than they thought they would and their customer service dept. was somewhat overwhelmed by the customer issues but from what I gather they are working on fixing that. Plus, they are very "domainer" friendly when there are "issues" with domains if you know what I mean...this is very important.

I think you hit the nail on the head - They grew too fast and weren't prepared. The last few tickets I have submitted definately showed some improvement, but they have a ways to go.

I like the $1 privacy and use it for a few of my names. What saves me is buying a PO BOX and using that for the whois address. You can get more expensive boxes which give you an actual street address; however, for my needs it was not necessary to have one.

I want to move to one of those electronic PO BOXes, but they seem to be outrageously priced compared to a local box at the post office or mailbox center. I would be interested if anyone uses a service like this and what they recommend.

60 day lock.

Apparently, they say "if you talk to an account manager" you can do something about it. I don't know. Left Godaddy a while ago and have been pretty happy since. Although always looking for better priced registration fees, but for now Moniker is my home for most of my domains.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have a dotster reseller account and have been using since 2001. really i think its the best hands down. i have a good reseller rate and have 500 + domain in my account alone. its easy to do mass changes and no BS around it. Also the TTL rate for pointing domains is pretty fast. unlike netsol or godaddy.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've actually had positive experience with my account rep from Moniker, though maybe he is exceptionally good as I know another member here who praised him also. Was having issues transferring domains over from godaddy and he helped quite a bit to resolve them..

At one point I was migrating a lot of domains from Namecheap over to Moniker. I have loved Namecheaps support and interface also, and had no other reason to move except that I was getting better price breaks at Moniker. Though now I have recently approached Namecheap about a better wholesaler deal and also I believe Moniker has recently raised some of their prices slightly. So the two are leveling off and I will probably keep what I have at both where they are from here in.

That is my feedback for what its worth.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have my names with both Moniker and Godaddy....

I have to say the customer service is why most of my names are with godaddy...I have no problem at all with this 60 day thing and my customer rep 'Jon' is great. I actually do not mind the 60 day hold after I sell a name as if I have a scam artist buyer...it protects me....I have recovered my name before this way...just my experience.

I also like moniker and have some of my most valuable names with them....I do agree that they have had some major growing pains and had a real problem with their privacy service not working when someone checks on netsol...it really ef'ed me.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. They even raised price on .biz. .biz registry decided not to raise price.

4. NO.

1. But you fail to mention why moniker raised the prices on .info and .org when Afilias (.info), and Public Interest Registry (.org) aren't raising their prices until nov. 1?

2. Why moniker relocks domains unlocked to be transferred - out... then won't unlock if less than 5 days to expiration??

3. why some .info and .mobi only shows the registrants first name in the registrants field and not last name ??

4. has moniker really never lost a domain name ??

5. why isn't their wholesale pricing anymore ?? anyone can get the "special pricing"..

my 2 cents :wave:

jim

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

> The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1
> <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
> local recipient table (state 14).

Victor is not at Moniker anymore it seems, leaves Don - Don? What about our DNForum Special Pricing? I miss it, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom