Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Good .ca names becoming impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is now clear that good .ca generics have dried up and the drops have less and less good names in them.

Has anyone else noticed this trend?

It is great for those holding .ca's.

-=DCG=-

Domain Days 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes I agree :)

checking over 4,000 names and finding less and less every week :frusty:

:yo:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, .CA is growing slowly but healthily. It's nice that we don't have stupid "investors" grabbing up every half decent names like .COM. Top notch .CA domains always sell, but with 3-letter's still being dumped like every week (lesser and lesser though), make sure you stay away from gems like oneofthenicestpeopleiknow.ca or thefirstcanadianconferenceonmulticulturalism.ca. LOL!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still finding gems :) and am always looking towards new technologies. I have hand registered some excellent hosting domains in the past couple of days that I am really excited about.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People are holding, for sure. I have had an open bounty on decent, generic .CA's, with a healthy budget behind it. I think I have maybe had two or three names that fit that criteria offered.

Everyone is selling the stuff they don't want, no one is selling the stuff everyone else really wants right now : )

Probably a good sign in the long run. The glory days are over.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What?...there were glory days?

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the sense that I use to be able to drop 2k CAD / USD and pick up a few good generics, yes. Sigh... those were the days.

To be honest, I came into this all AFTER the real glory days had passed. Imagine hand reg'ing quality generics for 14$/pop back in 2001-04. I'm in fantasy land just thinking about it!

I also find the number of end-users willing to part with names at reasonable prices has dropped off the side of the planet.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still finding some nice .ca's - a few 1 words and lots of 2 words. I was starting to move into hold mode but I think I might go on one more spending spree and grab some more while I still can.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still reg really good names, just regged backordering.ca, valuate.ca... and tbr is as good as ever. Tomorrow watch for west.bc.ca, that's a million dollar name right there. Even if there are less great .ca dropping, the less premium ones are worth what the premium one was worth last year so it's all the same and will always be that way. TBR will always be the place to get the best domains.

D.

dobes399

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still reg really good names, just regged backordering.ca, valuate.ca... and tbr is as good as ever. Tomorrow watch for west.bc.ca, that's a million dollar name right there. Even if there are less great .ca dropping, the less premium ones are worth what the premium one was worth last year so it's all the same and will always be that way. TBR will always be the place to get the best domains.

D.

Hi Belzibut, I like west.bc.ca as well. It looks like there is a CIRA restriction on west.ca for some reason. Does this make west.bc.ca less valuable?

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
definitely if you can't use the .ca it would be a lot less valuable to me.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Dobes, there actually isn't any restriction even thought it looks like that. If you buy west.bc.ca you will be the only one able to buy west.ca and drop west.bc.ca if you want and it won't go to tbr. If west.on.ca was also registered then you would need the owner of west.on.ca's permission to register west.ca but because there are only .bc.ca register west.ca is yours if you get the .bc.ca.

D.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup...that is how it works. I am still amazed at the quality of some .ca's that are still available to hand register. Here are a couple I will throw out to hand register...
HyperbaricChamber(s).ca are available

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at the error codes and message its not a typical "domain already registered in another ext" its a reserved word and therefore unregisterable from my understanding. If anyone finds out otherwise would be interesting to know :D

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh I made a mistake. Dobe you are right, there is a restriction: from Cira

01043 The domain name provided is on a list of restricted domain names that are not available for registration. Contact CIRA for more information.

I thought the restriction was for the provincial extension. Sorry about that.

D.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The domain name provided is on a list of restricted domain names that are not available for registration. Contact CIRA for more information.

I would be careful bidding on it...you may not be able to register it without bc.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is another example; WIPO.ca used to be available to register up until a couple of months ago. Now it is unavailable. Is West trademarked?

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been hand regging some one word .ca's Here's a few of them

rubble
complacent
gritty
dipping
allege
barred
rehearse
nagging (wife was inspiration for that one)
stinker
tighten
lingering

I play a little game that makes it easier to search. No technology involved.

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've hand regged a few 2 word gems recently and just hand regged domainlistings about a minute ago as well as dripinvesting which is gaining in popularity

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was in on the auction/bidding for west.bc.ca and just received this from Siber

You are receiving this email, because you have backordered west.bc.ca domain name.

As you may have noticed, registration of the top level domain name WEST.CA is currently restricted. We have contacted CIRA regarding this issue. According to their answer, the domain WEST.CA will be available for registration in August, 2009.

So I guess we have until August now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom