Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Good .ca names becoming impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The question is who owns the rights to register it...does the west.bc.ca get the rights or is the west.ca a stand alone. I stopped bidding on the name for this reason, better safe than sorry...

I actually hope the owner of west.bc.ca gets it ...or its was actually a crime...:frusty:

JMO:yo:

Domain Days 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Rick Latona run cctld auction today did imo pretty well for the better names all things considered. The only reason for the passes I saw was too high of a reserve or crap name but the well priced good stuff did good :)

Stores.ca was $8k ( not bad, better than it would have done here ).

I dont see the rush to register/own 100's of so-so words in the .ca, it's imo a waste, focus on a small but powerful keyword portfolio. Not just my offerings but stores.ca for example would mean on dnf, drops and auctions now you could have got dozens of powerful mid XXXX- XXXXX names. I have sold 15-20 myself this year along with ones like patio, desk etc and saw 10+ nice ones drop this year too. Small and premium !

It isnt that large holders of sub $1k names dont ever make money but the long run means larger renewal costs, dead money and ultimately not very profitable.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Come on JP...the long run may be more costs ...but there is appreciation in the investments.

Just an opinion.. but i don't believe it's smart to be selling now.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on JP...the long run may be more costs ...but there is appreciation in the investments.

Just an opinion.. but i don't believe it's smart to be selling now.

True true, just always been a live for today guy lol

I know of guys with XX,XXX names in their portfolios, alot good and generic words/combos but after 4-5-10 years and constant renewals it isnt managable anymore.

Ill compromise how bout that ;) Build small but powerful portfolios and spend a portion of the budget on futures:)

The truth is you never know when or what a end user will need so it makes it a hard bet to lay down. The $250 generics or the $2500 generics or $25000+, tough market to gauge atm.

I agree selling now is not a great move unless you need to.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is true..this is a tough game to play. Just because we will never know when the right user will come.

I agree about buying reg fee names and renewing every year....it can become a waste. Especially with names that have very limited potential. The key is when you sell....to buy investments that will make you greater returns in the future.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be a tough game at times but it sure is enjoyable. I am extremely happy that I found domaining. I am happy to say I have registered just recently beddingplants and hangingbaskets; two IMO very good domains. Not in the same league as Banks or Jobs but nice niche gardening domains.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, the game is definitely a fun one. I have been regging insurance domains recently as I also work in the industry and I'm shocked at just how many good domains are still left to hand reg. Some niche's are still untouched - a couple weeks ago I was able to reg a ton of 3D names. I was reading the news, saw an article about 3D TV on demand from Shaw and decided to reg what I could find and wow, tons of names available - 3DTelevision, 3DFilms... the list goes on and on

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Rick Latona run cctld auction today did imo pretty well for the better names all things considered. The only reason for the passes I saw was too high of a reserve or crap name but the well priced good stuff did good :)

Stores.ca was $8k ( not bad, better than it would have done here ).

I dont see the rush to register/own 100's of so-so words in the .ca, it's imo a waste, focus on a small but powerful keyword portfolio. Not just my offerings but stores.ca for example would mean on dnf, drops and auctions now you could have got dozens of powerful mid XXXX- XXXXX names. I have sold 15-20 myself this year along with ones like patio, desk etc and saw 10+ nice ones drop this year too. Small and premium !

It isnt that large holders of sub $1k names dont ever make money but the long run means larger renewal costs, dead money and ultimately not very profitable.

Hi, can you please let me know where I can find domains like stores.ca for less than $ 8k.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom