Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

GOOG! domain for 50K!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3767&item=5777874261

I own goog.org and knew it want a good keyword but just got an email form the guy that caught the .biz and said it was on ebay, so I wanted to check it out, and got shocked at the price he is putting on it. But the funny part is how he is advertising it...

GOOG.biz - domain name (expires: 05-14-06)
OO's w/ 4 highly recognizable & balanced letters !!!

Description

GOOG.biz

You are bidding on this domain name ONLY, no website content!

This short domain name has a very highly recognizable combination of 4 nicely balanced letters, that contain your very popular double oo's, plus it's top-level Internet domain extension (biz) that is used by many businesses.

What makes business like "oo"? How many of the www's most successful companies contain two 'o's or at least one "o" in their name? Double vowels are also unique. Are these 'oo' companies successful, because of this odd choice of vowels?

Oo's are easy to pronounce and are perhaps the most memorable and distinct vowel sound possible. Oo's are distinct but soft, helping to soften the sound of the business name, reducing the hard sounds in some and complementing the soft consonants of others. With our vowels, the long oo sound is soft and relaxing, while a long ee or aa sound suggests anxiety and clearly a long iii or uu would not flow.

Another reason for using oo's is for the sake of spelling when someone says some words (tool, book, floor), it is immediately obvious how it is spelt. Repeated letters in a name also help with typing ease. Making sure your customer gets your name right is very important, especially on the internet, a typo can aid your competitors.

Double "oo" syndrome helps marketability, creating: ease of spelling and typing input, a more friendly company name, better brand recognition and balance.

Double oo's and .biz are taking over!

So why would "oo" be so important to a domain? Also I think the 160043 (OVT) searches a month are for Google stock, as that is the google stock symble.

Google's web search for "goog" is about 569,000

Searches done in April 2005
Count Search Term
160043 goog

BTW I talked to the guy that has the .com and he gets 9K new visitors a day. He did not want to sell, but wanted to know what to do with it to earn revenue

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks I know it is a GOOG name!

For mine i'm about to built a site for it. My brother has this software to built sites that makes it get top listings on the search engine.

here is what my brother sent me today, and I want to check it out and see if I can use it on goog.org.

Here are just a few results I got
by following Rick's video tutorials:

No.2 on Yahoo for a keyword
(according to Overture) gets 3,656
searches a month, out of about
3,320,000 results on Yahoo!

Check It Out Yourself
KEYWORD: tongue disease

No.3 on Yahoo for a keyword
(according to Overture) gets 10,448
searches a month, out of about
2,210,000 results on Yahoo!

Check It Out Yourself
KEYWORD: sexual transmitted disease

I get a lot of traffic now from
Yahoo!

It took me less than a week to
see Real results. And only about 2
days to apply.

You'll notice that I just registered
these domain names on May 09,
2005, just over 2 weeks ago.
(disease-index.com & diseasesindex.com)

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impressive, how does it convert?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Convert? Vary well. He is currently useing a channel on my adsense account and so I have the stats for his campains.

[Stats removed]

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
--opps

Interesting thread to read! nice info, makes me wonder of the future, I have the hardest time getting keywords

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes you can pick up keyword names in the drop thread... Last night I reged Dyed.org from one such post.

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=94192

The idea of these videos my brother has is to make a blog and then "ping" it with sites like My.Yahoo.com and that causes Yahoo to crawl your site. That is how he gets the top listings, cause My Yahoo is pinging the blog all the time. There are other places to get pinged too, but that is to get into Yahoo's search engine.

I have Ypnyahoo.blogspot.com on the top for "ypn yahoo" on yahoo.com and ypnyahoo.com is #2!

You can read my instructions to do this pinging thing at ypnyahoo.blogspot.com.

(BTW, I'm giving up the ypnyahoo.com domain to Yahoo)

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the eBay auction is "Reserve Not Met" at $50k :-D

By the way, I think it's against Google's Terms of Service to publicise your stats..

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets be realistic here, That domain really isn't worth over $1,000 . If it does reach over 50k(which i STRONGLY doubt) it will be in the top ranking highest priced .biz domain sold!

The fact that it was recently registered wont help it too :eek:k: (guessing a catch from TDNAM)

M

mole

Mr. Deleted said:
BTW I talked to the guy that has the .com and he gets 9K new visitors a day. He did not want to sell, but wanted to know what to do with it to earn revenue

Must be from all those 2 year old's looking for google.com.

The traffic to Yah.com and MS.com must be incredible.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
Lets be realistic here, That domain really isn't worth over $1,000 . If it does reach over 50k(which i STRONGLY doubt) it will be in the top ranking highest priced .biz domain sold!

The fact that it was recently registered wont help it too :eek:k: (guessing a catch from TDNAM)
I agree with you, that is why I was shocked to find it over a 1000 starting price, but then again some loon may not know about domains at all and take that as a normal price for a name like that, but if it does, the price for goog.org will skyrocket LOL :smartass:

NameRegistration said:
Makes you wonder… :p
Wonder how *oo*.com converts (*=P lol

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i used to own goon.com but sold it, it's listed on sedo or afternic now
not sure about traffic, but it's a good name

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:| Why hasn't this fact popped up in this thread that GOOG is the stock symbol for google? :p

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
Also I think the 160043 (OVT) searches a month are for Google stock, as that is the google stock symble.
It did. In my first post.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wonder why on earth google doesnt have goog.com, not like money is an issue...and if the dude didnt know how to make 9k visitors/day convert then I am sure they could give him 10/20k for it and be done with it...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
wonder why on earth google doesnt have goog.com, not like money is an issue...and if the dude didnt know how to make 9k visitors/day convert then I am sure they could give him 10/20k for it and be done with it...
He does not want to sell cause it is his nick name and he has used the name for email from his friends... But if it was me, I would at least slap up something like the adsense search bar.

BTW he does have a search bar, but it does not work, and I told him so.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
It did. In my first post.
:( My bad! Today I've been having a tough day. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators