Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Google Adds Keyhole Satellite Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just when you thought they were out of ingenious ideas, Google has just enabled Keyhole Satellite support for its popular 'Maps' and 'Local' services. The system allows you to zoom in on almost any spot in North America, and seamlessly transfer between a map or recent satellite view of the area.

"Have you ever wished you could see what someplace looked like before you got there? A house? A hotel? A freeway exit? We thought you might find it useful. Now when you type an address into Google Maps, you can click the 'Satellite' link and see a view of the area. You can zoom, move the view by dragging, and even resize the window just like the normal 'Maps' view. Looking for a new apartment or house? Type in an address you're considering, get a view from the air and, with a quick local search, find out if you can walk to your favorite Saturday morning cup of coffee."

:santa:

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That feature is so cool, no more travel surprises :)

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea, ive had my on on this a while now. im in real estate and was toying with the idea of using this, but some of the photos you pull up are over 4 yrs old. i'm sure google has plans to bring it up to date as best they can.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used Keyhole several months back when I was searching for a business site... it is very cool. Google has the magic touch right now!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mapquest did this about 6 years ago, but then made it a pay service, then it went away.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is wild...can look at where you grew up, went to college, where you live now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom