Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Google takes a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Google shares fell $8.33, or 4.1 percent, to close at $196.03 yesterday."

Big drop

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
"Google shares fell $8.33, or 4.1 percent, to close at $196.03 yesterday."

Big drop

Honestly, if you observe Google shares closely, this type of drop is pretty
common.

Over the past two months I must have done at least 40 trades where I
bought for $170-$190 on one day and sold for $202+ on another. It's just
too bad their shares are so damn expensive, otherwise I could have made
some real money.

I'd like to see how far they'll drop on valentine's day and what they'll rebound
to the following days. Should be interesting. Nonetheless, they're WAYYY
above what I think they're worth ($140-$160), but then again what do I know.

Luc L.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think i'll be hopping on the google bandwagon once they release the shares next week.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let's see what happens to their market share is the next few months/years.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with Luc on this one too... I think they're definitely over-valued and the test of time and some lawsuits should bring them back down into a more reasonable price in the next year or so... going public is a two edged sword.. instant millionaire, but also a whole new set of financial issues... how they handle them will make all the difference...

Vivvy

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
France also appears to be causing some trouble against the RIAA suing people there.

"Meanwhile a backlash in Europe is growing against what are seen as the heavy-handed measures being taken by the entertainment industry. After the enormous fine levied last week against a teacher in France for file sharing, dozens of French musicians, intellectuals and politicians are criticising what they call a "repressive" crackdown against those who download music illegally over the internet."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002173716_googlesuit08.html

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If google's rollercoaster ride with the results don't settle down soon, we could see less advertisers using google. Expecially now that click fraud is growing in adwords.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They need to split in my opinion. Its just to expensive nowadays..

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google shares way overpriced for one.

France appears to take the opposite stance on overything that happens in the states.

Googles losing right to host sponsored copetitors links will have an impact on PPC no? If somebody types in lous voutonn or whatever into domainsponsor landing pages and compeitors show up??? Then what? Where does it end?

I dont blame Voutonn or whatever either as they are being ripped off by counterfeiters and Google is the tool. What a mess.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
Googles losing right to host sponsored copetitors links will have an impact on PPC no? If somebody types in lous voutonn or whatever into domainsponsor landing pages and compeitors show up??? Then what? Where does it end? I dont blame Voutonn or whatever either as they are being ripped off by counterfeiters and Google is the tool. What a mess.
Where does someone draw the line as to what is a recongnizeable "enough" trademark? I still think this is a slippery slope, and I think it SHOULD concern anyone in the PPC market.

~ Nexus

M

mole

Nexus said:
Where does someone draw the line as to what is a recongnizeable "enough" trademark?

There is no line here, nex. Google has to show due dilligence was exercised in processing Adword submissions, that's the cost of doing business. It appears they could not prove that to the courts, at least not in the past.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ten of millions of employee/insider held shares are going to come out of lockup next week...expect the stock to go down as this new supply hits the market.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They deserve it in this case, imo.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google should just ban france from their website altogether. Who needs the French anyways?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Google should just ban france from their website altogether. Who needs the French anyways?
Those sort of comments are going to get you far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom