Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Got An Idea $$$$ What U Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just sussed out how many 4 letter domains are left and I am half way through the evaluation and have gotten about 5000 results. By the end I'm predicting 10 - 20K 4 letter domains will be left...

My idea is to create a network of around 200 -500 people and togeather we will buy all remaining 4 letter domains leaving them scarce... The 100 or so that drop everyday will be snapped up by other investors (or my network) who know how few now exist and in the end the value will sky rocket.

Cheers
Simon

< Warning!! No Soliciting in this section!>

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good ones are already rare...nobody wants the left over crap and there are enough dropping daily to keep the market satisfied...do you realize how many 4 letter .com's exist? A whopping 456,976!!!!!!

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True but theres only about 20,000 left out of that ammount and Im sure people said the same thing about 3 letter domains like 4ze.com and zwx.com but people would kill for them now because they're all gone

Thanks for your comment

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A mere 17,576 LLL's compared to nearly half a million LLLL's = BIG DIFFERENCE = MUCH LESS VALUE

Trust me. Don't waste your time or money..if you want a sure investment..buy yourself some bargain 3 letter's and resell them!

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fair enough i see your point - Where would I find a bargain 3 letter? Every one I've seen are XXXX except for some .net's with numbers in them!

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not focus on quality rather than quality.

Run your same business plan but focus on quality names that everyone wants (less renewal fees, higher demand, lower supply, etc) rather than quantity that will eat you alive come reg fee time.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'm dreaming

And I did think of that = Maybe starting a domain investing clucb where 1000 or so people could allchip in $100 and then collectively vote and purchase higher quality domains and grow it from there -

What you think about that?

The only problem is it would probebly consist of a bunch of newbies like me with no clue of what to buy...

Maybe could recruit a few experts
Any takers?

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

hush

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Branching away from simbowe4's plan, it would be a perfect idea for people of the same level to pool their funds to buy a domain that they otherwise wouldn't be able to fund.

Does that ever happen in the domain world?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea -- if you're the registrar or registry! haha

chickenhawk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simbowe/cee,
Where do you get the data about what domains are available?
thanks

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this tool from an Ewen Chia book (little scam artist) called expired Domain empire... The book basically told me I was gonna be billionaire by next year but the software is still good for checking available domains... Maybe I can send it to you if you Pm your email I'll try! Otherwise you can do it manually at a bulk domain registration service - I use monkier.com to check 500 at a time but you have to type them in manually unless you just copy and paste a word list

PM me if ya want the software

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remaining LLLL.coms may be gone within the next 12 months, mainly picked up by newbies that have no LLL.coms or LLLL.coms already. After that, almost all that drop will likely be picked up by other newbies. The value for the less-popular combinations (like zqlx.com, ylqv.com, qvzx.com, etc.) will be limited, most likely, for several years, but may be worth it in the long run, simply for the fact of them being very short .coms.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Point Exactly!! Thank You Acesfull

But I wouldn't recommend buying as a group... could get VERY messy and complicated! Anyone interested in picking up some of the remaining LLLL.coms should do so, individually - and be selective (as much as possible), to try and pick those LLLL combinations that are more popular (as may be indicated by number-of-matches in a google search).

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YEah thats what I meant - get the full list and divide it into sections so everyone can purchase individually with the understanding that they can buy as many or as little as they want but with the common goal in mind of drying up the LLLL.com availability (just speeding the process up basically)

- No way would I want to take a bunch of everyones money and register them myself!!!

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fair enough i see your point - Where would I find a bargain 3 letter? Every one I've seen are XXXX except for some .net's with numbers in them!

I think a good investment for LLL if you dont have a fortune to spend on each name is to buy LLL.mobi names. You can get them for low $xxx right now and the value keeps climbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom