Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Got An Idea $$$$ What U Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2maro

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good luck, there's a lot of people trying to do the same thing...if you have the money to do it then go for it!

simbowe4

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think a good investment for LLL if you dont have a fortune to spend on each name is to buy LLL.mobi names. You can get them for low $xxx right now and the value keeps climbing.

Thanks for the tip nrmillions - When you say xxx you mean up to $999? I've seen a few for about $500 -

Do you mean absolutly any LLL.mobi's? What about numbers?

hyped

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simbowe/cee,
Where do you get the data about what domains are available?
thanks

I wrote a bunch of perl scripts that periodically check all permutations of a particular pattern and notify me if they find anything. My LLLL one also checks several search engines for # of results returned. I'm sure there are tools like that available for download

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip nrmillions - When you say xxx you mean up to $999? I've seen a few for about $500 -

Do you mean absolutly any LLL.mobi's? What about numbers?

LLL.mobi which are all letters would be good and NNN.mobi which are all numbers would be good. Dont mix letters and numbers together. By low $xxx I mean you can get LLL.mobi for around $250-$350 each. All premium letters or ones that mean something will go for a little more. Just get as many as you can. It doesnt matter what letters or if its a word or anything. NNN.mobi go for a little more, usually mid to high $xxx. It would also be ok to get some L-L.mobi and N-N.mobi to go along with your LLL and NNN just incase, they are riskier than LLL and NNN but also cheaper.

Busynic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definately concur with all the advice on going for quality over quantity.

Regardless of how much the quantity approach costs, the administration time is a killer.

I got caught up in the possibilities some time ago, and too many names later (in the '000s) have an absolute nightmare on my hands, from an admin point of view.

Have quickly converted to quality and am much happier for it. Good luck in your pursuits.

I personally think there are many opportunities in niche markets, with an occassional gem coming along in the two word category. I been able to find about 50 single generic dictionary words in the past 4 months, that had not been previously registered. Of course there are only a handful of .coms in that group, but I figure holding them for a few years will see some appreciation.

One thing I will say, is that dnforum is probably one of the best forums I have found for quality advice from people who do this successfully day in/day out.

You will do well to listen to the guys that have been around a while........ and to the robust discussions - they will save you many hours and potentially thousands of dollars in learning money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom