Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Got my first offer. Need advice

Mike Batista

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had a few domain names on Sedo for about four years, but domaining has been on the back burner for me. But I got an offer to sell greetalian.com for $90. "Greetalian" is a fusion of the words "Greek" and "Italian" and I've seen it used to describe food that's both Greek and Italian. I think this could be a "single-word" domain in the future.

So I think this domain is worth more than $90 and I'm obligated to make a counteroffer. Sedo's suggested price is $299. Should I maybe make a counteroffer of $399 or $499, hoping I can get the suggested price? Or should I start an auction? Even in an auction I worry I won't get what this domain could be worth in the future.

Basically this is the first offer I've received in about four years of domaining, but I really feel that this domain is worth a lot more than what's being offered.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you said, it's your first offer. Counter him $499 or $599, which should be affordable low-end range for most people looking to buy a domain on aftermarket and you'll see. I guess $300 is possible here, and it's also possible, that he will bite at your counter, because it happens in negotiation quiet often to me.

Just try to make a sale and reinvest in better name(s). Do not look back. Consider it being your opportunity cost...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom