Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Guess What's On The Auction Block With A $1Million Deposit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike Mann Speaks His Mind about Sex.com
Friday, February 19th, 2010
24 tweets retweet

Sex.com investor tells his side of the story.

Mike Mann, who founded BuyDomains, is always one to speak his mind. So when news broke yesterday that Sex.com, in which he was a part investor, was going into foreclosure, he didn’t hesitate to speak up.

“I am merely an investor who got completely railroaded by other investors with big guns, bad practices, and bad attitudes,” Mann wrote via e-mail. “I am always up for a good fight since any money I would make was already predesignated to innovative charities. I represent those charitable recipients always, I socked away enough for myself a long time ago, and I was never concerned about material wealth anyhow, the charitable works came first. I like to be clear about what I’m doing here.”

http://domainnamewire.com/2010/02/19/mike-man-speaks-his-mind-about-sex-com/

No it is not Gary that is investing in the domain, it is speculated that it is Domain Capital.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No it is not Gary that is investing in the domain, it is speculated that it is Domain Capital.

Charlescarreon is the lawyer who won the sex.com case for Garry Kremen. He didnt say Garry was investing in the name, he is speculating that Kremen is forclosing because the payments wern't being made.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Charlescarreon is the lawyer who won the sex.com case for Garry Kremen. He didnt say Garry was investing in the name, he is speculating that Kremen is forclosing because the payments wern't being made.

I realize that, but from the info I have read, I think it is DomainCapital that is doing the foreclosure, since the creditor (the one doing the foreclosure) is at the same address as the DC offices.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, what is fun about this stuff is guessing as to what is true, y'know? And I don't know any better than anyone else. Just sort of figuring that maybe Gary has a piece of this thing, because... because... that's how Gary would do it. But the real question that's bugging me is why the hell the auctioneer announced that the domain is in foreclosure. Why not just say, "It didn't make as much money as the buyers thought it would"? Is there a lack of salesmanship evident in this approach?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, what is fun about this stuff is guessing as to what is true, y'know? And I don't know any better than anyone else. Just sort of figuring that maybe Gary has a piece of this thing, because... because... that's how Gary would do it. But the real question that's bugging me is why the hell the auctioneer announced that the domain is in foreclosure. Why not just say, "It didn't make as much money as the buyers thought it would"? Is there a lack of salesmanship evident in this approach?

of course it could be cause I remember an interview that said his sale was "20M at the high end", so it meant that he still had some stake in the domain and it's success. But I think he toke a 90% cash deal, so someone had to have paid him for the domain, and gave him 10% stock, so that could have meant that if they succeeded, he would have come out at around the 20M mark. That does not mean the 12 or 14M figures are right but they are close.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a good waste, and you can comment the video itself rather then post it here.

Oh really? I'm not allowed to post in the same thread as you announcing the video in? You're hilarious.

And no, it was not even remotely close to a "good waste", thank you. It was a complete and utter waste. Who wants to watch some wasted looking/sounding guy that is attempting (and not very successfully) simply reading parts of some other blog posts and drawing absurd conclusions based on inaccurate assumptions anyway?

So, just so I'm clear on this... you come into this thread and attempt to hijack readers to view this garbage video and I'm not allowed to comment on that because... because why, exactly? Because you've already hijacked the thread and now feel like you own it somehow? WTF?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joe means well, cut em a break, it keeps the topic going lol

:)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How in the hell does someone shell out $14 million dollars for a domain, and not have several robust development plans for it should parking fail? Not getting that domain ranked in Google seems almost blasphemous, especially considering the way I know Google's algorithm is going to treat it....

Truly baffling...

Just ask the owner(s) of Cowboys.com

You even had big developers on the list of owners (a.k.a. investors).

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike Mann Speaks His Mind about Sex.com
Friday, February 19th, 2010
24 tweets retweet

I was never concerned about material wealth anyhow, the charitable works came first. I like to be clear about what I’m doing here.”
bahaha, yeah right. tell that to the registrars he bribed to give him first shot at dropping domains back in the day.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it keeps the topic going lol

:)

Exactly! I am trying to venture into a new area into this video stuff, I have done well on a few topics was looking to see how well this domain would work. My "utube.com" video is my most viewed

And no I was not hijacking anything, it is just that comments are important on yt, and if you want to hate on my videos, feel free!

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

bahaha, yeah right. tell that to the registrars he bribed to give him first shot at dropping domains back in the day.

that was a quote from a link, not me talking BTW.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Don't quit your day job.

actually I am about to. In part cause youtube pays me for my videos. They get watched xxx,xxx every month. That and domain revenue and a few other sources, and I am good!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Is this guy stoned?

you want some?

seriously though, I have not ever used drugs, I have a speech problem, and English is not my 1st language, so it may seem like I am but no, I don't do drugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom